New tattoo

madhav

Hey guys I got my first tattoo five days ago and I don't see any sing of peeling or scale on it is that normal or something wrong and how much night I must wrap before going to bed please someone help me out please please reply and should I rub any lotion on it while wrapping it during the sleep 

This is my six days old tattoo without any lotion 

IMAG0046.jpg

Edited by madhav

Welcome to the forum! We would really need to see a picture to make any comment about your healing process. In terms of after care, you should be following the advice of your artist....did he/she tell you to wrap it at night? Unless you have concerns about cleanliness, or you are using something like Tagiderm (which I assume you aren't because you seem to be wrapping it each night), you should be allowing your skin to breath - it needs air to heal.

While some people here will advocate a dry heal with no lotion, many recommend a VERY LIGHT application of a fragrance-free moisturizer several times a day. Your tattoo should not appear wet after application. 

This is it my artist did not tell me what to do and I'm not from America I'm from Guyana so know one give me any advice on what to do I follow some advice from the internet  so I don't know a lot of itimageproxy.php?img=&key=a107a9c0af395ecdimageproxy.php?img=&key=a107a9c0af395ecd

IMAG0040.jpg

Edited by madhav

is there always scabbing and peeling? seems i've read in other forums on this site that some people have had little to no peeling when they've used tegaderm or saniderm. i realize you aren't using those but just wondered if sometimes people just don't experience those symptoms.

2 hours ago, HondaTiger said:

is there always scabbing and peeling? seems i've read in other forums on this site that some people have had little to no peeling when they've used tegaderm or saniderm. i realize you aren't using those but just wondered if sometimes people just don't experience those symptoms.

there are too many variables with tattoos and healing,we all heal different,I always peel after using Saniderm,sometimes I scab,sometimes I don't.