1st Tattoo Dilemma

Xonip

So I got my first tattoo 2 days ago. 3 white paw prints on my ankle. Not exactly how I wanted but I still like them. I have been washing with warm water and antibacterial soap and then applying coconut oil as advised.

This morning I was stripping and pressure washing a decking so I wrapped in cling film to protect against infection. Instead of a couple of hours I ended up taking over 4 hrs as I slipped and threw stripper all over the conservatory completely messing up the coloured plastic frame. We rent. It's not good. 

Anyway when I came to take the cling film off it was full of white goo. Sticky gunk, like glue. I wiped it off but in the process some layers of tattoo came off! They are still white but they are now a bit indented like quite a few layers of skin came off. I don't mind getting the colour touched up but I'm worried they will be indented for good now. 

Before I wrapped it for the garden they had a nice thin white crust on. Now they are not crusty at all and I am worried about them staying indented or even scarring. I'm worried I've messed them up for good.

Has this happened to anyone? Did it cause any lasting damage?

20170623_070057.jpg

20170624_163855.jpg

20170624_170432.jpg

At this point, there's nothing you can do but wait out the healing process. Watch it for signs of infection and it certainly wouldn't hurt to check in with your artist.

A tattoo is an open wound when it is first done - that's why cleanliness is so critical. As it heals, it needs air as well so don't over-moisturize it.