Touchup time frame

49 minutes ago, Youngjason said:

If i wanted to edit some bits of the tattoo how many months/years would be considered too long that it would effect the tattoo one artist told me 2 years is this correct. Btw tattoo is 6 months old

it's never too late to touch up or rework a tattoo IMO.

I had a 15yo tattoo reworked recently and it rocks again,even better than it did.

and btw,6mo is barely healed.

Just now, Dan said:

it's never too late to touch up or rework a tattoo IMO.

I had a 15yo tattoo reworked recently and it rocks again,even better than it did.

and btw,6mo is barely healed.

I thought it was healed after 4.. Also why did my tattoo artist say something about having a 2 year time frame after that it shouldnt be touched ?

You should be healed enough after 4-6 weeks for touch-ups. 

I have never heard anyone put a ceiling on touch-up or re-work with respect to time frame. Obviously, your options on same will be somewhat limited based on the eventual and natural fading and/or spreading of the ink in your derm. 

3 hours ago, oboogie said:

Every time I am with my tattoo artist, he touches up his other work. I end up leaving with several fresh sections!

Will it heal back to natural colour after time?  my tattoo is text based could this be why?

Edited by Youngjason

4 hours ago, SStu said:

You should be healed enough after 4-6 weeks for touch-ups. 

I have never heard anyone put a ceiling on touch-up or re-work with respect to time frame. Obviously, your options on same will be somewhat limited based on the eventual and natural fading and/or spreading of the ink in your derm. 

its text based tattooo could this be the reason he said you have within 2 years to make changes on it

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

My artist has me wait 30 days in between sessions on one tattoo. Going in Monday to finish the work my flag. That was done about five weeks ago. In the process of having a half sleeve dragon done to cover a 20 year dragon that had grown tired over the years. Having to wait 30 days before the next session on the dragon. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I found this thread after becoming concerned about waiting to touch up my 10 month old tattoo. I am worried that the new ink won't blend in with the old color the longer I wait. I am trying to get it done as soon as I can but things are tough right now and beyond my control. Is this a valid concern or am I overthinking things, too?

7 hours ago, naten said:

I found this thread after becoming concerned about waiting to touch up my 10 month old tattoo. I am worried that the new ink won't blend in with the old color the longer I wait. I am trying to get it done as soon as I can but things are tough right now and beyond my control. Is this a valid concern or am I overthinking things, too?

any new ink will blend just fine, it will look brighter at first, but after a few months it will all look the same, 

relax,it will be fine, 

Edited by Dan

On 10/27/2020 at 8:13 AM, Dan said:

any new ink will blend just fine, it will look brighter at first, but after a few months it will all look the same, 

relax,it will be fine, 

I had my sleeve extended about an inch after a few years. You could definitely tell right after it was done, but after a while, it blended nicely.