Most Difficult Tattoo Spots to Heal

Lochlan

Thanks for the replies, guys! Yes @Lance, I was planning on it being my right leg.... d'oh!

Will look into white willow bark.

And a skirt rather than my regular jeans.

Will plan to whine a lot at rest stops or skip them altogether if at all possible.

The third day wouldn't be any better would it? May as well just get home.

Willow bark is a natural version of ASA/ Aspirin which would be helpful for pain and circulation. Aspirin will likely work faster.

I haven't had leg tattoos by the boy has and most of his discomfort came when getting up or stopping when walking - long sitting should be fine - it's just when the blood flow rushed to his legs that he had a rough time.

I was getting a Raven on my calf but y'all scared me off...so I put it on my ribs. Healing great so far but dang it hurt!

calf,ribs,ankles,knees,whatever,I have tattoos all over my body,and IMO,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, IT ALL FREAKIN HURTS !

and anyone who says any different,is lying .

I drove over 5 hours the day after getting mine. It wasn't pleasant but the real pain didn't start until I got home. For a while the transition from sitting to standing was difficult.

Thanks, good to hear @Tesseracts. Once I get home I'll be able to rest it...I won't have to go to work as I'll be on summer vacation...but I will have to keep my daughter entertained. Maybe I can get her to be my servant and just bring me stuff as I lie on the bed & couch for a few days! (Riiiiight.)

• 3 months later...
Healing my knee ditch right now, and it is hell. I have to be on my feet all day at work, so I have been limping around and generally pained.

Hell for sure. I had my knee ditch and front of lower shin done on Saturday. Ouch! Can I say that again - Ouch! Day 4, both areas really sore and swollen. First time in my life I've had a cankle. I'm currently lying in bed with my leg propped up against the wall. Every time I have to stand up it results in about 20 seconds of profanity and then I laugh at my self as I gimp on my way. Couple of spots in the ditch look ugly and I can tell from experience there will be a few long lingering scabs for sure. Did the knee cap about a year ago which hurt like hell going on, but compared to this, healing was a breeze (got lucky). This ditch though...damn.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
On 4/30/2011 at 11:49 AM, nicky papers said:

The ditch was definitely one of the the harder spots to heal. I basically didn't bend my arms for a few days each time. All arm movements were made from the shoulder, which as a bartender looked pretty silly.

yes, im healing from a ditch tattoo now, it cracks open, cant move arm or elbow, sleeping sucks...for anyone reading the healing from a ditch tattoo is 3X worse pain than the actual tattoo

5 minutes ago, Bagman said:

yes, im healing from a ditch tattoo now, it cracks open, cant move arm or elbow, sleeping sucks...for anyone reading the healing from a ditch tattoo is 3X worse pain than the actual tattoo

are you putting cocoa butter or aveeno on it ?   I just healed my other knee ditch and it healed just fine,not as good as a flat skin spot,it just takes a little extra TLC.

but maybe the difference also was that I use Saniderm, and that helped a lot on a tough spot like a knee or elbow ditch.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

So far for me the outside of my ankle going down onto the top of the side of my foot and next to my Achilles heel. That section is terrible it bends all the time because you walk or stand or sit and when you sleep it rubs on your sheets. Apparently I move my legs a lot when I sleep. It's taken forever to heal. I hate slides and flip flops but that was all I could wear for over 2 weeks.

• 2 months later...

The ditch is a pain to heal. I would highly recommend using Dermalize for this area making sure the area is properly cleaned and dry before applying. It can be left on for a few days.  This forms a barrier allowing it to heal without and nasties coming into contact with it and it feels so much more comfortable when bending, sleeping, showering etc. Most other areas heal fine with some cling film initially and then good hygiene but the Ditch...! Needs some extra TLC. 

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Currently dealing with an inner bicep tattoo while sweating profusely; I had to change my saniderm only 3 days in and I’m afraid that it’s getting infected. Toughest spot for me was my elbow ditch for sure- it took FOREVER to heal and I scarred in a couple of places (the scars looked like white highlights tho so it wasn’t even noticeable). My elbow surprisingly was a breeze to heal!