Most Difficult Tattoo Spots to Heal

Lochlan

@jayessebee, update?

@CaptCanada, photo?

@embers, I had a weird reaction with a red on just one section of my arm where it kinda got all rashy for a week or two about a month after I had it tattooed. Totally forgot about it til just now.. I left it alone and it magically healed up fine. I think red is one of those colors that can go ten thousand different ways.

Funny that red on me heels fastest of all and I have more problems with black

The last one I had done just over a week ago is proving to be a bit of a bitch to heal.

It's a very small tattoo but its on the outside of my forearm just where it bends. The majority of it is healing well but there's an area, prob about only one centimetre right on the bend that is quite scabby.

The last one I had done just over a week ago is proving to be a bit of a bitch to heal.

It's a very small tattoo but its on the outside of my forearm just where it bends. The majority of it is healing well but there's an area, prob about only one centimetre right on the bend that is quite scabby.

That bit that's kind of above the ditch, sort of on the top/outside of the forearm? That's been the worst for me, always takes longer, and has had a little bit of fall-out.

@jade1955 & @ThaliaCamille - so many people I know have said the same thing about the ditch, but I think I must just be one lucky son'bitch? Both my arms have healed perfectly, and they both had decent coverage when healing. In saying that, last one was healing while I was on holidays so that helped a lot, and the other one I was working in the office which was a little annoying, but seemed to be ok. I just had to sit weird at the computer to type lol

• 3 weeks later...

Spots with lots of movement tend to be the hardest to heal followed by places that don't get to breathe much. I had one client that when we did his ditch he actually splinted his arm at night to keep it as immobile as possible and it healed the best I have seen for the ditch. Also keeping these areas too moist causes a lot of issues in healing. You only want just enough to take that tight, dry feeling under control.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I think that the foot will be one of my all time least favorite places to get tattooed. While getting tattooed isn't so bad, the healing sucks. Was told to keep it cleaned and wrapped for the first few days, and I am. But I can already see a few places I will need to get touched up. And I'm not looking toward to having a swollen foot again.

I had the one on my foot heal badly too. I had to go to work the day after it was done, meaning wearing socks. I loosely taped a wound pad over it with some after care ointment the artist gave me then put on my sock. The tattoo must have creased from sitting so much and it got infected, a first for me. I kept it clean, used neosporin on it and it healed up. I did have a blank area where it was infected, which I did have touched up at a later session.

CG

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a question ? I was branded (4th degree burn ) in the ditch of my arm. It took forever to heal,,I thought more so because it was winter ling sleeve shirts coats all that shit ya no, so now its been over a year the scar isn't changing anymore , I want to cover it .. I have had scars covered but I fear it will take as long to heal. , but then again its nit an.open burn that is as deep as my bone, so would you try to cover a scar there?????

Just going to throw in here that so far my kneecap is pretty slow on the healing.

Normally I'm a fairly fast healer and don't see any scabbing - just some sunburn-like peeling after a few days. Well, around the kneecap has followed the usual pattern but on the kneecap itself it's like things are proceeding in slow-motion. The tattoo is healing, but (presumably because of the location) it seems like the body is struggling with it. Possibly the fact that it's heavy on red ink is a factor.

Wonder whether the kneecap doesn't get as much blood as elsewhere or something- could that be a factor?

Hopefully by the end of the week it'll have settled down and I can finally get a pic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Elbow ditch for me, too. Not just the ditch, but all along the upper part of that area where my skin folds as I bend my arm. Shit healed roughly. Top of the feet were bad too, but mainly because I got both tattooed about 4 days apart, in a foreign country where I had to walk everywhere, in winter. Socks and swollen feet make for rough tattoo healing.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any tips on healing the elbow ditch? I started my 3/4 sleeve this week and the small amount of shading in the elbow ditch has not been healing so great. Due to the movement in the area, a few cracks formed so I'll definitely need a little touch up. Any advice on preventing the scab from cracking after future sessions? My current aftercare routine is to wash the tattoo every 4-5 hours for the first 2-3 days and let it dry heal (no ointment or lotion).