Bras and rib cage tattoos

sister123

I'm planning on getting a large side rib cage tattoo soon.

what im most worried about is the healing process because if I wear a bra, the band will constantly be rubbing against it.

but I can't get away with going braless since  I have a large chest and I don't think it would be appropriate for me to go to work like that.  

Maybe there are some women on here who know of solutions. I was thinking I could get some of that boob tape people wear with evening dresses...not sure if that will be effective or not. Or is there a way to wear a bra and keep my tattoo protected?

A few options...I have a flotilla of stick-on "bras" that get me through healing and are great for backless shirts.

My favorite are these: http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nordstrom-lingerie-shaper-nubra/3159479?origin=keywordsearch-personalizedsort&fashioncolor=NUDE 

Very few are going to give you any support. Search the forum for "The Ladies Thread". I think this is discussed there, too!

I ordered a new brand last week that is a LOT cheaper but it hasn't arrived yet.

I have found that very soft sports bras, combined with Tegaderm, work well for me. The Tegaderm keeps the tattoo safe from abrasion and the sports bras doesn't have the hard ridges like underwire so it's much more comfortable for healing.

Hope that helps!

Wildcat

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...
7 hours ago, helenamic said:

Everyone copes differently to all areas on the body. I am basically covered in tattoos, and my worst area has been the back of calves. 

Ribs for me weren't so painful, more just an annoying feeling. But for some, ribs would be the worst. Ribs are known to be a painful spot, but it'll just hurt more on some than others. Just depends on the individual.  Ithink @wildcat is right. I've been using the sports bra since after having my first kid almost 5 years ago. now I can't sleep without it. You can check out the websit's page for this.

Do your advertising elsewhere. This site is for people who want to discuss tattoos, not the junk you want to sell.

• 11 months later...