Tattoo regret or is it just new?

ColoradoChic

I know this isn't a therapy forum or anything and maybe I'm being really paranoid but is it normal to have tattoo regret as soon as you get your tattoo? It's been three days and I still feel off and when I first got it I stared at it and felt like it looked crooked because of where I placed it on my bicep. I don't know if I'm feeling regret or if I had high expectations when I got the tattoo and I didn't meet them? I know a lot of you are not newbies like me and know more about tattoos and the 'coming to terms' with a tattoo (This is my first tattoo) 

Edited by ColoradoChic

Look. You got a tattoo on a body part. When you move that body part, the tattoo won't look straight.  That's just how it works. You shouldn't regret it. It's really tiny, and no one will know it is there unless you show them.

If you hate it that much, let it heal, then get laser removed. You are worrying far too much about this very, very tiny tattoo. Either enjoy it or start making plans to get it removed. It isn't a big deal.

Stop worrying. I promise that you'll be OK. :-)

5 hours ago, ColoradoChic said:

I know this isn't a therapy forum or anything and maybe I'm being really paranoid but is it normal to have tattoo regret as soon as you get your tattoo? It's been three days and I still feel off and when I first got it I stared at it and felt like it looked crooked because of where I placed it on my bicep. I don't know if I'm feeling regret or if I had high expectations when I got the tattoo and I didn't meet them? I know a lot of you are not newbies like me and know more about tattoos and the 'coming to terms' with a tattoo (This is my first tattoo) 

yes,it's a perfectly normal and common feeling IMO,

I have too many tattoos to count,and I still get that every time.

relax,enjoy it,plan your next one.

that feeling will go away.

Edited by Dan

Perhaps if you're still feeling that way maybe you can find an artist that will cover it up in a better way that it won't be so crooked when you move your arm.  Honestly, the tattoo shouldn't be so far off from the design.  Perhaps the artist didn't take the time to, or forgot to explain it.  

You should be feeling HAPPY.  Excited.  Anxious.  Elated.  That you got your tattoo.  Not weirded out because it 75% of the time it looks wonky.  Who wants that?  

Find a better artist and get it covered.  YOLO.