Love these tats!

Missyblue

Hi! New here and I wanted to get on and say I am loving most all of the tats I have seen so far! 
Glad I found you! This is a pic of a tat I got about 3 weeks ago. It represents my love of dogs, horses and life. the Red and white in the middle is my ribbon for Aplastic Anemia. I need to have something done to it tho...not sure what.

20170712_094831_resized.jpg

Edited by Missyblue
Forgot to say HI, post tat

12 hours ago, Missyblue said:

Hi! New here and I wanted to get on and say I am loving most all of the tats I have seen so far! 
Glad I found you! This is a pic of a tat I got about 3 weeks ago. It represents my love of dogs, horses and life. the Red and white in the middle is my ribbon for Aplastic Anemia. I need to have something done to it tho...not sure what.

20170712_094831_resized.jpg

Hey there!  Nice "tat", "tattoo", "ink", and other terms that may or may not be allowed to be spoken in these here parts.  I didn't notice a glossary in the rules, and believe me I looked.

As far as your "three loves", I'd only wished it packed more punch--only my opinion.  The watercolor splatter looks very dainty for your representations.  It's still pretty though.

Hey there!  Nice "tat", "tattoo", "ink", and other terms that may or may not be allowed to be spoken in these here parts.  I didn't notice a glossary in the rules, and believe me I looked.
As far as your "three loves", I'd only wished it packed more punch--only my opinion.  The watercolor splatter looks very dainty for your representations.  It's still pretty though.

If it helps, here's one of the first LST threads I ran across when researching tattoo culture, reading will help new folks understand some in-jokes of the forum, and why some terms are preferred: https://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/t/674-slang-terms-that-make-you-cringe/

Also, if anyone happens to be interested in general tattoo vocabulary, here's one of the ones I like: http://www.inkedmag.com/tattoo-lingo/

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, welcome. Watercolor is hard to pull off...maybe at some point consider filling in the dog paws with solid black for some contrast. I'd live with it for a bit before doing anything. Do you have aplastic anemia? I do a lot of work with a blood cancer charity that promotes education on blood cancers/diseases and gets people on the National Bone Marrow Registry. :)

OK I stand corrected, no tats here, just Tattoos , Got it ;)
And thanks for the Tattoo suggestions I think it needs something just not sure what, I like the black paws idea. ANY OTHER suggestions very welcomed. 
And yes Gingerninja I have Aplastic Anemia, Remission since 2011ish, no marrow transplant due to no matches, I did it the old fashion way with Horse ATG and a LOT of transfusions. 

At the risk of derailing my second thread of the day, the discussion of "tats" is interesting. I don't really care one way or the other if someone uses it, but it's not a term I'd use. But there's just something funny about the way Oliver uses it over and over and over in his LST interview that you can tell it's just him and his terminology. Something about it works.

It reminds me of the discussion of Freddy Corbin and "bro" in his Tattoo Age video. It's sort of a gross word that Freddy makes his own. Of course, I used to use bro jokingly and ironically, and now it's worked it's way into my regular vernacular...

Regardless, welcome to the forum!

Edited by suburbanxcore

Tremendous news @Missyblue !!!  I have to agree with @Gingerninja and @oboogie - some black would help add punch...but it's natural to look at a piece of art and wonder how it could have been better. Certainly, live with it for awhile, research some ideas you may have/get and even consider what's the next tattoo. You may find that you'll decide to live with what you have and move on to the next tattoo.

I go in for a 'touch up' August third. I love my new tattoo but I want it to be more bold, for lack of a better word. I think the Reason or representation of it is lost because the paws and shoes do not stand out. Does that make sense? I am so glad I found this page, reading the forums and looking at the gallery takes way too much of my time tho  lol
I hope all of you have a great day!

12 hours ago, jaimilyn said:

If it helps, here's one of the first LST threads I ran across when researching tattoo culture, reading will help new folks understand some in-jokes of the forum, and why some terms are preferred: https://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/t/674-slang-terms-that-make-you-cringe/

Also, if anyone happens to be interested in general tattoo vocabulary, here's one of the ones I like: http://www.inkedmag.com/tattoo-lingo/

Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did see that, but it's not a glossary.

7 hours ago, Missyblue said:

I go in for a 'touch up' August third. I love my new tattoo but I want it to be more bold, for lack of a better word. I think the Reason or representation of it is lost because the paws and shoes do not stand out. Does that make sense? I am so glad I found this page, reading the forums and looking at the gallery takes way too much of my time tho  lol
I hope all of you have a great day!

I'm glad you and all the others agreed with me that it needed to pack a bit more punch.  Hopefully when you go back in August, your artist can hook you up with more bold ness to truly represent your loves.  Either way, you'll have a great before and even better after!

Edited by JazzyMac

1 hour ago, JazzyMac said:

Also, don't be afraid to stand up against bullies who follow you around forums! ??

Dont forget to come back in August and post your touch up *MISSYblue*

?

LOL , I don't see anyone bullying anyone here.

remember you only get back what you put out.

Maybe if you had started out here with a more friendly vibe,you would have gotten that back in return.

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

LOL , I don't see anyone bullying anyone here.

remember you only get back what you put out.

Maybe if you had started out here with a more friendly vibe,you would have gotten that back in return.

Bless. He really thinks anyone gives a damn what he posts? How precious. ?

Edited by oboogie