New Tattoo Healing Question

emart

28 minutes ago, emart said:

Hello all,

I got a tattoo yesterday and it looked great. I woke up this morning with what looks to me like ink at the top, left corner of the upside down triangle. This was not there yesterday. Is this something that should go away during the healing process?

Thank you!

IMG_5670.JPG

You also have some more ink at weird places.  The first I has extra ink.  The second triangle has ink on the right side of it and going into the corner.  And the third I also has some ink at the bottom.

Probably a good idea to talk to your artist just to be sure this is all normal, or schedule an appointment for some touchup.

Welcome to the forums!

1 hour ago, emart said:

Hello all,

I got a tattoo yesterday and it looked great. I woke up this morning with what looks to me like ink at the top, left corner of the upside down triangle. This was not there yesterday. Is this something that should go away during the healing process?

Thank you!

IMG_5670.JPG

it's called blowout,and it probably won't go away.not much can be done about it now.

probably better off leaving this tattoo alone,trying to fix it will just make it worse looking,kind of a just live with it thing.

it can happen to anyone anywhere on the body by any tattooer.

it's just a luck of the draw,mostly from pushing to hard with the tattoo machine,sometimes it's older skin like mine,many factors can contribute to blowout.

Edited by Dan

I can't see the picture, but if it's blowout then there may be options to help improve it. If it's lines and the design will work, you could always ask the artist to touch them up and thicken them out a bit - they will usually do this for free. 

I've had blowout before a few times in different places and by different artists - maybe my skin is trying to tell me something :P but I've never had an issue getting the lines thickened, and it always looks way better. But blowout can also fade over time too. Not always, but it can. I know that from first hand experience, so it's definitely not the end of the world :) 

Edited by PrivateAle