How much do you think this will cost?

VOODOO511

3 hours ago, VOODOO511 said:

I want this on my upper arm, I want it in a decent size but not too big. In black

anubis.jpg

That's a nice design though!  Don't scrimp on paying for a good artist!  

Good tattoos aren't cheap.  And cheap tattoos aren't good.  

Welcome to the forum!! The issue with cost is that it is dependent on the artist and where you live/are getting the work done. Generally, the better the artist, the more expensive the hourly rate. You want quality...so pay for quality. In terms of size, the concept of "go large or go home" might impact this tattoo. There is a lot of fine line work and detail in this tattoo. Going larger might help to highlight the detail. In any case, the first thing is to find a solid artist!

Ditto to what Devious said :) Best course of action now that you have a sketch of what you want (which I'll say as a fan of Egyptian style art is gorgeous), find an artist that can do justice to the image - done well it will look really nice, especially if you can find an artist that excels in realistic Black/Grey portraits. In a consult with the artist, they'll be able to give you a rough ballpark of the final cost, but as it depends on many factors and this will likely be relatively large (assuming you want all the detail like the figure's forearm tattoo, your tattoo will need to be fairly large. It's a great image to have a large tattoo of though, so "go big or go home" would definitely apply here!), don't expect an exact amount, but they will give you a breakdown of their/the shop's price structure and how your piece will likely fall into it. Things like time/amount of ink/one shot or multiple visits will all be factor. They'll also be able to talk more specifics about an appropriate size to balance space and detail.

If you'd like to tell us a general area of where you live, the group is usually able to suggest a good artist or two.

One other thing if you're new to tattoos (if not, maybe other newbies might read this) that was a surprise to me, don't be surprised if your chosen artist has a waiting list anywhere from weeks to months. Believe me, it's worth waiting a few months for a quality artist who will do a phenomenal job instead of rushing to someone who has a mediocre portfolio and the tattoo doesn't do justice to this gorgeous sketch. To be fair, you can get lucky and get straight in with someone amazing, but it's better to be ready for a wait and be pleasantly surprised to get a quick appointment.

In any case, welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something like this is going to have to be pretty big, like most of the upper arm and wrapping a bit. It's not going to be a 6-8" tattoo unless you simplify it a great deal. The price is going to depend on many factors, like how fast your artist is, and their hourly shop rate. 

P.S.: Stargate is a fun movie. James Spader was great in it. 

Edited by zetroc

If I can figure out multiple attachments, I found some examples of your design (Google!) where you can see how quality and placement make a big difference (note on some of the narrower sleeves, they had to lose the staff, and the smaller ones definitely lose detail that the big ones can keep)

70a9a70d2ccffc53f9d005475bad087a.jpg9e9291b3d0e6c3ce713f56fbfaed0336.jpg4f41d51baa3e7972899c50227e3522d9.jpg3ff20241af27d9955d32afdfd4e84d96.jpgb86abb345620be6876221e0693426374.jpgd2442eb6bb852df98059c702cd0263c7.jpgb4e4b834e252f330ac4ceb6360fb598a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk