Hello and and help please

pphilly

Hello everyone, I am brand new to the forum and wanted to say hello and also wanted to try and get some help or maybe opinions with my issue.  So I got a new tattoo about a month ago. I got a quote on my inner bicep and my dogs paw prints (who recently passed away) on the top of my bicep. I love the quote but after a few weeks I really started not liking where I got the paw prints and how they look on top of my bicep.  I also don’t like the size and position of the paws as well.  It’s not my artists fault at all he did exactly what I asked him to do.  When he applied the stencil and I looked at in the mirror I loved it and when he finished it there was no problem at all I really liked it. But like I said now I’m really not digging it at all.  I guess I just made a mistake because originally I was going to get the paw prints tattooed on a different body part but I changed my mind at the last minute and decided to get it on my bicep.  Why, I’ll never know.  So I wanted to know if this tattoo would be able to get covered up.  I was thinking maybe two dark roses or dark shaded roses one placed over each paw print. Does anyone think that would work or any other ideas of what might work if it’s possible.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this…

1.jpg

2.jpg

Welcome to the forum! The answer to your question is best provided by an artist who is experienced with cover-ups. Someone experienced in doing cover-ups will be able to give you options and impacts of those options. If you indicate where you live - or how far you're willing to travel, some folks would probably be able to recommend artists who might help.

Hi Devious thanks for the response back and info. I live in the Philly area.  I'm actually just getting back into tattoos.  I was 16 years old when I got my last tattoo so that's 35 years ago.  I've always loved them but just never got another one until 3 months ago when I had to put my dog down. I got his portrait on my forearm which i love. So the paw print and quote is actually my second tattoo in 35 years, I'm just regretting the location of the paw prints,,

i Ginger, yes that is his actual paw print and I didn't show the quote in my picture but the quote says, Until one has loved and animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened.. Honestly to answer your question if I can live with it, I'm not sure because the location and size of it really bothers me more and more each day.  Whatever happens meaning if I am able to get it covered up with something else I would most definitely get the paw print somewhere else like maybe on my shoulder or a smaller size maybe on my wrist.

28 minutes ago, Gingerninja said:

Here's an idea for you. There's a cool little tattoo convention in two weeks in Reading, PA. There will be some great artists there from all over in attendance. You may not be able to get in with anyone BUT it may be an idea to go to the show just to get inspiration, explore options/styles and talk to people.  

Great idea @Gingerninja!!

@pphilly - I'm not too far away from you - live in the Scranton, PA area.

Edited by Devious6