Hello everyone

JayFlay

Hello,

I live in Canada, have one tattoo on my forearm and looking for more. Found this site to get advice inquiring to my other tattoo ideas and what else would look nice with what I already have.

Thanks

Hello hello. I'm for Toronto and my tattoo is a surfboard on the inside of my right forearm with some floral design in it. Very basic and done well.

I was looking at doing a sleeve, but I only have an idea for a half sleeve. I'm into Greek mythology and love the desgins of the titan Atlas holding up the heavens (as the stories go). I would like something like that done on my left arm. Atlas would be kneeling just above my elbow while the world that he holds up is on my shoulder, maybe even leading into my chest. Unfortunately, I am not very creative so the only references I have are from pictures I found online. I'm going to have to do some research on tattoo places and their artists and schedule a couple sessions to maybe get an original design from the artist them self. My lack of creativity also leads me to not having an idea for the forearm of that sleeve. Hopefully the artist I go to can help me with that as well. 

I found this site to maybe get some advice or inspiration to think of an idea for the lower half of my sleeve, underneath Atlas. 

The images below is what i was originally looking at. The picture with the naked women, I like the way the body of Atlas is portrayed with one hand on the heavens, kneeling and such. The picture with the universe is what I would like the "heavens" that he is holding up to look like with its purple colours of the universe. And the one with the red "heavens", I like the portrayal of the chains all around his body. 

atlas.jpg

chains.jpg

cosmos.jpg

Welcome to the forum! The key will be to find an artist who can transform your ideas into reality. There are lots of ways to go in finishing a sleeve using the mythology theme  - since your upper arm will have the Heavens at the top and Atlas in between, perhaps the lower arm could be an earth-bound reference? As a retired Army officer, for me the warrior theme is always part of my thought process. What else captures your interest in mythology?

If you indicate where you're from, or willing to travel to, there are some great folks here who might offer suggestions on artists. Scan through the photos and video archives, troll Instagram and you'll find some great ideas.

Pretty cool.

I like the way mythological themes can translate into some really sick looking tattoos.

If you want Atlas holding up the heavens on your upper arm and shoulder, you could always have Cerberus on your lower arm, with a really pretty and intricate gate and a river with some ghosted souls in it. You could really have some nice colours contrasted between the upper and lower arm.

Or if you wanted a more canonical sleeve you could have all four of the Lapetionides Titans wrapping around your arm. They were the four brothers. Atlas at the top. Prometheus and Epimethius could be back to back in the middle of your arm wrapped around your elbow. That works because they were the human counterparts for hind sight and fore sight. And then Menoetius on the lower arm. He was the angry one. That could go from the blues and purples and greens of space and the heavens, to the more neutral colors of the earthly brothers. And then reds and yellows with some purple for the angry dude.

Or just pick a few you like. I like Poseidon. I think he may not have been one of the Greek Titans though. He would have a great colour scape for a tattoo with all the shades of blue.