Looking for sleeve progress opinions/advice

Kd13

Tried posting on Reddit before. 

Post got removed and i was told to "talk to my artist" which was crazy because i just don't have my tattoo artist on speed dial for every question i have. Was really hoping to get just some insight from the people that use this forum wasn't planning on religiously following what you guys tell me. It seems like you guys collect really nice work so i just wanted some outside opinions! Thanks again hopefully i figure this out

See OG post below.

I'm almost done my left arm sleeve and i'm honestly stumped on what to do here because i still feel as it looks incomplete. Would love to mess with some background filler ideas but i'm not too fond of stars/dots. Was maybe thinking graywash like "smoke" throughout? Once i figure out how to attach pictures i will but i would love to hear some thoughts. Thanks guys/gals!!

edit: heres picture link http://imgur.com/a/LDQdR

Welcome.  Honestly, I'm not sure that I'd opt for any kind of background.  It looks like there are still a few places for some filler (bugs, flowers, abstract whatnots), but outside of stars and dots I'd probably just leave the skin open.  If you have an artist in mind who you trust, his or her view is definitely worth hearing.

I hope this is the appropriate place to post my own question:

I've got several traditional tattoos on my arms, all done at different times and independent of each other. The intention was always and still is to move towards a sleeve like appearance made up of a bunch of 'individual' tattoos. What are your thoughts on this - should a sleeve be planned as a whole? Or can it still look good when made up of 'individual' tattoos accumulated over the years? Also, some are coloured and some black and grey... What are your thoughts about that?

Many thanks in advance!!

10 hours ago, AFCA14 said:

I've got several traditional tattoos on my arms, all done at different times and independent of each other. The intention was always and still is to move towards a sleeve like appearance made up of a bunch of 'individual' tattoos. What are your thoughts on this - should a sleeve be planned as a whole? Or can it still look good when made up of 'individual' tattoos accumulated over the years? Also, some are coloured and some black and grey... What are your thoughts about that?

Many thanks in advance!!

My legs are the same. Lots of unrelated tattoos in black and gray and color. You can definitely build a sleeve that way. I've seen lots of beautiful sleeves built like that. :-)

11 hours ago, AFCA14 said:

Many thanks in advance!!

mine too like @oboogie said ,but my entire body is made up of non themed random tattoos some color some B&G different styles by different artists that make up sleeves and I am just fine with that,but also I am an old guy that started getting tattooed in the 80's when we just went in and picked flash off the wall,unlike these huge themed pieces that are done now,nothing wrong with that though.

and there is nothing wrong with a cohesive themed sleeve,that's just not what I did.

Edited by Dan

1 hour ago, Dan said:

mine too like @oboogie said ,but my entire body is made up of non themed random tattoos some color some B&G different styles by different artists that make up sleeves and I am just fine with that,but also I am an old guy that started getting tattooed in the 80's when we just went in and picked flash off the wall,unlike these huge themed pieces that are done now,nothing wrong with that though.

and there is nothing wrong with a cohesive themed sleeve,that's just not what I did.

Same. Some people find my legs confusing, but I love them. It's OK NOT to have a theme! :-)