Newbie Here!

BartekAllen

Hey everyone! I'm a 26 yr old living in Chicago and i've been reading through these forums for a while now and decided it was about time to make an account. I have a couple questions and i'm not sure where exactly to post them so if someone can help me out with that i'd appreciate it! 

I've been thinking about what my first tattoo would be for years now and I finally have a fairly clear picture in my mind and would like to pull the trigger. I'm looking for something similar to the picture I attached below. Black and grey, simple clean lines. A main geometric shape in the background such as the triangle, with an outline of a pig (make some light dot work in the pig to act as shading to make it pop a bit more?), and a chef knife going through the middle of the pig with the saying "L'appel Du Vide" on the handle or blade. This would be going on my inner bicep of my right arm (yes i know it'll hurt lol).

My two main questions are: what kind of art would you call something like this? and does anyone know of an artist in Chicago that specializes in clean, simple, black line work like this?

Thank you guys,

Bartek

IMG_4454.PNG

IMG_4455.PNG

53 minutes ago, thyes said:

Hi. Not sure what the name of those styles are, my guess would be dotwork/geometry. 

As far as finding an artist goes; check out Tattoodo, they have a great catalogue over many things, including artists/shops in major cities. There's also an app you can dl to your phone. 

thank you!!!