Brandyk93

Hello everyone.  Sure glad I found this site.  I just recently got my 2nd tattoo, Saturday actually.  Of course my picture I created was shaded and the actual tattoo wasn't. So I am here to get peoples opinions on  what they suggest I have done to make the key not blend in as I don't want it colored, shaded yes, but how much and where, etc or other ideas??  He did a great job, I just need more I guess!   I appreciate the chance to ask my question and get responses.

tattoo.jpg

That was really confusing until I looked closely. If you hadn't told me it was a key I doubt I would have noticed. If you don't want the key colored, color the parts that aren't the key. 

The best thing though is to take your concerns to a qualified tattoo artist and get suggestions. It's not a bad tattoo, there is just nothing that differentiates the key from the other elements.

Thank you for your advice.  I cannot blame the artist as he did it just like my picture, except my picture was clipart and the key was a drawing and the key was pencil shaded.  so i wondered if shading some brown in the key would  help pull the key out more. I dont mind coloring the key, he thought i may take away from the detail of the key, but would the color have to be solid?  Again, thank you very much for your advice, what looks good on paper, doesn't always work in the real world!!  lol

On August 15, 2017 at 1:03 PM, Brandyk93 said:

I cannot blame the artist as he did it just like my picture, except my picture was clipart and the key was a drawing and the key was pencil shaded. 

Don't let your artist off the hook to easily. It is not the artists job to just take any picture you hand them and put it on your skin. Their job is also to let you know if something isn't going to work well and make suggestions on alternatives. If you then say do it anyway, it's on you.

I don't think my artist has ever just put something I gave him on my skin. He ALWAYS has suggestions for improving my ideas. I've always taken his advice and I've always been glad.