Sunscreen on fresh piece?

Tight-Lines

Im going to be on a fly fishing trip up north the next week am getting a chest piece started this saturday. It will be covered most of the time but when its not I was wondering about putting sun screen on it.

Anyone know if thats kosher?

I have an awesome SPF 100 I use on my tattoos if and when they are going to be exposed to sunlight. I usually use SPF 45-60 everywhere else. As to using it on a new tattoo I would say as long as the scabs and flaky skin are gone then it should be o.k. Thats what I have been doing lately and I don't think I have seen any ill effects yet.

• 4 months later...

bringing an old thread back to life but I put baby aveeno sun screen on over the summer on my fresh ink, maybe 3 or 4 days old.

Oh my God did I have a bad reaction, I broke out in a rash and I wanted to peal my skin off!

I was so afraid that there was going to be damage to the work. Luckily all was well... but I will never use that again.

I figured if it was safe enough for my wee boy's skin it would be good for my ink.

WRONG