Hello to everyone!

I'm Robin. Before anyone get's the wrong impression, I like McRad, I'm a girl, and my initials are RAD (yes I'm serious). I'm not full of myself I swear!

I'm pretty much a shy, nerdy girl who likes hardcore, photography, and tattoos. I work at a museum, and while it's not always fun, it's usually pretty rewarding. I've been researching about tattoo and body modification history in California over the last 3 weeks so I can't complain too much.

I'm slowly getting more and more tattoos. I've got 8 right now, including two that were done by Scott on the back of my arms over 3 years ago. I keep working on getting more coverage, but I'm a slow poke. Hopefully this year will be different.

Last Sparrow Tattoo sounds like a perfect fit for RAD and RAD for LST. Please continue to enjoy your stay with us and maybe share some of your tattoo research with us? Maybe a blog on your new discoveries as it sounds like this is a new passion? Are you working on a potential new tattoo exhibit for your museum? How about some hardcore photos? You see the piece I just did with Sammy from Spiderghost?

Thanks again and until next time....have a good day.

Lochlan

hi Lochlan!

i did see the interview with Sammy and that's what brought me here. i have some hardcore pictures from when i was in highschool that i want to scan, but it's been a while since i've shot anything at a show. now i mainly use a 6x7 and a 4x5 camera and shoot subjects with historical/social significance. i'm pretty shy about showing my work but i do have some images of Sammy (ABO days) so maybe i'll scan and post those.

i would love to start a blog about my research (and yes, new found passion) about tattoo history here in California. i work at the OMCA and so far our exhibition has gone through two approval stages with flying colors, and now we're up for funding for further research. we really want to collaborate and have community involvement with this exhibition, but that will depend on if we pass the funding stage. i'll keep anyone who's interested posted. we should know by early/mid november.

thanks! i'll be researching more heavily on tattooing within native tribes here in California, as there is a significant lack of published research on the subject. i want to investigate if native tattooing further influenced the development of tattooing here in the state considering it's widespread practice amongst 41 tribes. i've really just cracked the surface so i've got my work cut out for me!

Glad you found your way via Sammy and as you were born and raised in the East Bay with a love for hardcore and a camera I can only imagine the amazing shots you got as there is some major history in the EB punk/hardcore. This rich history/scene influenced people from all over including my brother and I. Growing up in a small surfer/skater town in north county San Diego I know I was influenced by it and feel very fortunate to have experienced what I have from it and hope to give back to it for the rest of my life. Did you read Silke Tudor and Jack Boulware's book Gimme Something Better (gimmesomethingbetter.com)?

Please bring your knowledge, research on both subjects and share with us, when you're ready of course!

Thanks again and until next time....

Lochlan