Hello, worries about one white ink spot on the tattoo

vhascometo

Hello, I've got my first tattoo that I really like but one spot bothers me. It's a small area done with white ink and seems like it doesn't want to heal or the skin is weird in that particular spot.  Basically the artist put some white ink above the nose of the face and it's been a month now and it's still very pink. If my arm is under clothes and I turn up the sleeve and look at it it looks pretty nice and white but if I keep it that way or move my hand more the blood flows and the area becomes pink. If I lightly press on the spot in becomes white but soon fills up with pink. Could it eventually stop doing that and remain white, because it's been a month already and it doesn't seem to improve one bit? Could it be that white ink heals way slower and I have to be patient? I love my tattoo but the spot is right in the middle of the face and looks ugly when it's red...and my ocd is driving me a bit crazy with this.

So this is right after I lightly press on the area, it gets whiter with some pinkish edges

IMG_4224.thumb.jpg.8dfb37c3a8c9b40f939b44cb15ecba6c.jpg

And this is soon after when it becomes much more pink 

IMG_4225.thumb.jpg.4617898892d34826b68c84c5577722f4.jpg

Photos are from the phone so my skin seems a bit reddish I think, but IRL the pink area on the bright skin is very apparent

I'm no expert but a month is still very early days. Just let it heal and see how it looks after a few months.

I don't think there's any such thing as a 100% perfect, no flaws at all, tattoo. They're on skin after all, a living thing. Stop scrutinising it or you'll drive yourself mad! We could all find tiny faults with our tattoos if we look hard enough. Stop looking at it in such close detail! 

All my work has flaws; ink loss from scabs pulling off, an ever slightly crooked line, etc. It's part of getting tattooed! Embrace the imperfection! The Japanese even have a word for it (wabi sabi). The flaws make your artwork that much more unique.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for replying, guys.

10 hours ago, aant said:

All my work has flaws; ink loss from scabs pulling off, an ever slightly crooked line, etc. It's part of getting tattooed! Embrace the imperfection! The Japanese even have a word for it (wabi sabi). The flaws make your artwork that much more unique.

May I ask if you imply that you think it will stay that way as a flaw? Because it's a red spot right in the middle of the main part of the tattoo and is a deal breaker:(

May I ask if you imply that you think it will stay that way as a flaw? Because it's a red spot right in the middle of the main part of the tattoo and is a deal breaker:(

After a month, whatever the tattoo looks like it's going to look like. I wouldn't have even noticed if you didn't mention the spot you're talking about. Instead of focusing your energy on the things you consider flaws in this tattoo, focus your energy on something that you can change, like getting more tattoos if you're so inclined.

1 hour ago, vhascometo said:

I'm not sure what deal this is breaking and what you think you can do about it. You are much more liable to make it worse than make it better if you start screwing around with it trying to fix it. OCD and tattoos can be a bad combination.

As everyone else said, tattoos aren't perfect. I had some purple that took a long time to heal, so be patient. Also, you could try some liquid vitamin E on it once a day (light application, more is NOT better) for a few weeks and see if that helps.

Good luck