Cover up ?

Hi guys,

I have been reading the forum for a few days and decided to take the plunge and register. I am currently looking to cover up a back piece which is pretty large with either full back black and grey or some big tribal work ala zueleta or volker.

post-1272-146168832376_thumb.jpg

Lochlan,

thanks for the welcome. I say reading for a few days but I have spent about 12-15 hours searching these forums and have learned alot. I have looked at the back piece thread several times start to finish. I have a few ideas for covering existing but fear its going to be hard to cover this up short of rage against the machine back piece

did a consult with a removal proffessional and for the coverage and ink($75 per sq inch per treatment) I may have scarring and in her words alot of pain. I then went to a local tattoist and he stated I could spend a boat load of money and it might not be worth it. Ofcoarse I came at the angle I wanted to make it easier to do the full back piece by lasering.

I will look into it further but may have to get real creative with a cover

Cool, have you looked at some of the stuff people in the forum in the other threads around tattoo cover-up and/or laser then tattoo over it have said? Some useful info from very knowledgeable tattooers as well as tattoo customers with much experience. I'd think the investment of laser then a good back piece would be the best long term investment financially, quality, and happiness wise......

Where are you located? Maybe some LSTers can suggest laser places and tattooers? Karl above with the username Jinxproof does laser removal and tattooing up in DC.....

Cool, have you looked at some of the stuff people in the forum in the other threads around tattoo cover-up and/or laser then tattoo over it have said? Some useful info from very knowledgeable tattooers as well as tattoo customers with much experience. I'd think the investment of laser then a good back piece would be the best long term investment financially, quality, and happiness wise......

Where are you located? Maybe some LSTers can suggest laser places and tattooers? Karl above with the username Jinxproof does laser removal and tattooing up in DC.....

thanks lochlan I am located in norman oklahoma

jinx price? How much would be reasonable? I checked out your site and saw your per session range but would that hold true on a piece my size?

ALso just to air it all out the piece is covering up stuff I had hammered in as a yute with guitar string. Dont know if that would have any bearing on scar tissue or whatnot.

I had great results lasering a large piece I wanted covered-up. Every tattooer I consulted about the cover-up gave it a huge sigh before they told me they weren't interested. I decided that I didn't want to wake up in 20 years with a huge ugly, obvious cover-up and wish I would have spent the money on the laser and ended up with whatever I wanted. It was very painful but I found the results were awesome. I went to a board certified dermatologist, who has malpractice insurance, and couldn't be happier. The black is the easiest to remove as well. Consider it, you'll be better for it!

laser technology has improved a lot over the last few years, im sure jinxproof could fill you in a little better on that. i would have loved to had my laser work done by a tattooer who could work with me on the cover-up and laser process together.the laws in the south have changed in the last few years and the require doctors to operate the lasers witch drives up the price. $200 is a great deal!

joe, thanks for the input I actually visited think ink and talked with Dave hek. He took a deposit from me but never came up with any art in over a months time. I viewed bruehls work but didnt see him their the few times i was at the shop.

I did one session of removal. I was told I could not have the whole piece treated at one sitting. I was able to get about half of it treated by laser and I must say it wasnt that bad.

• 2 weeks later...
joe, thanks for the input I actually visited think ink and talked with Dave hek. He took a deposit from me but never came up with any art in over a months time. I viewed bruehls work but didnt see him their the few times i was at the shop.

I did one session of removal. I was told I could not have the whole piece treated at one sitting. I was able to get about half of it treated by laser and I must say it wasnt that bad.

I'm also considering having this procedure done, how much did it cost you? and do you have any pictures? How many total sessions are you getting to lighten it up?

rene i have had half the back done 1 time. I am going tommorrow for another treatment. I was told they could only do half do to the amount of lazer pulses allowed. After looking on the interwebz i have concluded this is false. I think the artists just didnt have enough time for the whole thing because he had a pin cushion waiting. he charged $120 for half. even at the great price it doesnt sit well with me but everywhere else in my area is significantly higher. Guess sometimes you get what you pay for so I will pay more. I am happy with the fading/breaking up after almost 2 weeks. Its getting noticeably lighter. As for a plan, I will wait a few weeks after this treatment and then let an artist and you guys give me opinion before going forward.

I just got a session(less than 1 hr) done with the newest lag Q with a new nozzel. it was more painful but i like what I am seeing.

Looks good Bro!

I have decided not to get it laser removed or lighten, i found an artist that assured me that he can cover (2) of my pieces, and rework the other (2). This guy does great work, the only thing is he is booked solid, my 1st appointment is on April 2012, but after seeing this guys work and reviews, i think is worth the wait.

Check out his site inkfiendart.com Master Mike

He does some sick work. Let me know what you think.

Inkfiend Art - Photo

Inkfiend Art - Photo

Inkfiend Art - Photo

40.jpg

328.jpg

Good luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...