Cover up ?

A wierd cover-up question...

I have quite a few covered-up "jailhouse" tattoos, and whenever I get a skeeter-bite that hits one of the old, buried ink lines, the entire OLD tattoo blows up. You can see it perfectly through the covering work, looks like it was scarified on. Lasts anywhere between an hour and a day.

No big deal, just wondering if anyone else has had/seen that kind of reaction, and what would cause it.

A wierd cover-up question...

I have quite a few covered-up "jailhouse" tattoos, and whenever I get a skeeter-bite that hits one of the old, buried ink lines, the entire OLD tattoo blows up. You can see it perfectly through the covering work, looks like it was scarified on. Lasts anywhere between an hour and a day.

No big deal, just wondering if anyone else has had/seen that kind of reaction, and what would cause it.

This just covered up without laser? My tattoo previous to lasering had scarring where the guy obviously went too deep and this used to blow up when hit by sun or when I scrubbed the skin but randomly since having laser the scarring seems to have disappeared. I'm not sure if the laser breaks down the dermis so it can re-heal without scarring or what but actually pretty impressed with that. Hopefully all stays well when it's re-tattooed.

Anyone else had a situation like that?

This just covered up without laser? My tattoo previous to lasering had scarring where the guy obviously went too deep and this used to blow up when hit by sun or when I scrubbed the skin but randomly since having laser the scarring seems to have disappeared. I'm not sure if the laser breaks down the dermis so it can re-heal without scarring or what but actually pretty impressed with that. Hopefully all stays well when it's re-tattooed.

Anyone else had a situation like that?

Just about all of my work is cover-up, and I have never had any lasering done. Did burn one small tat off with cigarettes when I was about 15...got in a fight the same day I put it on, it got a slice through it, and turned into a black blob. Wasn't fun, wasn't pretty, but it worked. Helluva scar, but that faded over the years, and it's covered now as well!

So one of my Brothers was getting divorced, and as part of the settlement, he had to pay his ex $200 to get his name, which she had tattooed on her shoulderblade, covered up. No big deal. He gave her the money, they got divorced, all is well.

A few months later, we see her at a party, and she asks do we want to see the cover-up? Sure!

Instead of covering his name, she had gotten a tattoo of a dog with it's leg lifted alongside it, pissing over it.

One of the best tats I've ever seen!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Scott you are so nearly there, yea i reckon an eagle will cover that well. Try to be patience and let your skin settle before the cover up.

You got any pits\scars from your blisters, i have a couple of pits on my arm, hopefully they will fade with time.

@bulldog I dont see any scarring in the pictures but you can start to see the original stuff before the tribal went on and it was all stick&pokes(over 20 yrs old now) no pits from blister and I dont have any acne scars or the such just freckles. I have a pretty big razor slice on one of my shoulder blades from a childhood altercation. my left arm has a tattoo over another razor slice and although solid black it took ink well

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...