Cover up ?

I don't know when laser removal got such a negative stigma. There must be some horror stories out there, but all my experiences have been great. Consult removal places that have a positive relationship with our industry. They will most likely be more apt to understand what you are looking to do, as opposed to returning the skin to an unblemished clean state. Going to staunch dermatologists will get you crazy price quotes. I went to a state funded gang tattoo removal program, paid a nominal fee, and couldn't be happier. People are adamant about getting laser removal done. When I suggest it I watch their eyes glaze over and they instantly rule the option out. Their loss

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Actually, this and another laser thread have inspired me to pursue a larger back piece. My 1st laser session is this afternoon, so after 4-5 sessions I'm planning on some new work in 2014. I'll start a new thread with before, during and after pictures in the Spring. Thanks.

you must be talking about @ian That guy must be living right, he has lots of nice tattoos.

I am so glad this thread helped you. I have come along way in my appreciation since the infancy of this thread. I owe everyone here a big thank you and if I can pass on any help would be glad to do so.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thank you for sharing this, Scott. I was specifically searching for examples of black tattoos that had been lightened for cover-up and was directed to your thread. It's very inspiring and gives me a great deal of hope (I've had one session done on a large black tattoo on my torso). I'll be sure to start a thread sharing my experiences as I go through the process, and I hope it reassures others as much as this has reassured me.

Kind regards,

Craig

• 4 weeks later...

Scott your new tattoo looks amazing.

I'm going through the process of having a large tribal tattoo removed and so far the experience has been pretty bloody awful. Seeing your coverup gives me hope that someday I'll have an awesome tattoo to cover a mistake I made 10 years ago.

• 3 weeks later...