Lower leg tattoo placement opinions

flipcrab85

hey,

im going through the "i just got my first tattoo overthought" phase. I just wanted some input. i know the common response will be, EFF them, do whatever you want.

but none the less, its whats stuck in my head. i know lower leg tattoos are about substantially less common than arm and upper body. any idea as to why?

i like my tattoo and its location. is it odd that i only have on my leg? i know i cant just come out the gate with several, gotta start somewhere. i have the detrimental WAITING LIST to have my upper arm done... i guess just looking for a little reassurance from the online community.

planning to keep the leg traditional style... It's 6 days old. Healing very well

20170922_161256.jpg

Edited by flipcrab85

That's a really nice and solid first tattoo! Excellent placement as well. And no, nothing odd about it at all; nothing odd about only being tattooed on your legs, and nothing odd about having only a single tattoo on your leg either. So, there's no need to rush into getting more coverage on your legs as fast as possible, if that's a concern for you. It'll no doubt look great with some more traditional pieces to accompany it, but it looks killer by itself as well. :12_slight_smile:

Regarding the designs you posted, I like the first one the best. It has a cool and solid silhouette, which I think is somewhat messed up by the three added roses. My best advice though, would be to find a tattooer whose stuff you really like, provide a few pointers on what you like and what you don't like i.e. "pilot girl, not too much floral stuff" - and then let him/her do their thing.

That's what works for me at least. Either way, it looks like you're off to a great start!

By the way, who did your tiger tattoo?