Sign in to follow this  
well-fed unicorn

Just hello - new member

Hey folks, I'm Samantha. Everyone calls me Sam, so that's my default. I've browsed this forum before, usually to look at insight about different methods of healing. Got my first ink on my 25th birthday in 1989. But most of what I now wear happened after my 50th birthday a few years ago. I call my current count 21 tattoos. I tat around. I like that artists refer to someone like myself who wears various artists work as a Tattoo Collector. 

I love conventions. I'm not ashamed of the fact that Ink Master is one of my favorite tv indulgences. 

I'm in the South Jersey area, Philadelphia adjacent.

myqueen.jpg

Edited by well-fed unicorn
grammar

Welcome to the forum!!! And that is one, awesome tattoo and picture memory!! I'm still a newbie to tattooing - have only two, both last year at age 61. I, too, must admit to enjoying Ink Master!  I live in northeast PA - just north of Scranton and only about 25 miles from the home of Ryan Ashley Malarkey. 

4 hours ago, Gingerninja said:

Welcome. Your photo rules! Where was that taken? How did she react to your tattoo? That's so cool!!

Wizard World convention in Philadelphia this past June. Her reaction was fantastic. The photo op people and her handler all moved in to take pictures. It was put on her social media promptly.

It was a much better reaction than I had gotten two weeks before when I showed Mel Brooks my tattoo of him. He was just polite about it, called it "beyooteeful", hurried me along.

Nichelle Nichols and I held hands while I told her why I'd chosen her for my first portrait tattoo and declared that she wished she was that beautiful. She also treated me to an autographed publicity pic back at her table. I'd only paid for a photo op, hoping that that might parlay into getting an autograph once I showed her my proud piece. She was lovely, gracious.