Infected tattoo

Grom

Hello I got my first tatoo done last Monday, looked ok first 2 days, just swelling and a little redness but on wednesday it started to hurt, could not carry anything or do anything with my arm or even bend it. here is how it looked in the morning and in the evening after aaplying anti bacterial soap 20170927_115955.thumb.jpg.d894899026aced81ba87172821aff2ca.jpg

20170927_175518.thumb.jpg.2fa98fc72c115cd247d84a7fda16f61d.jpg20170928_001603.thumb.jpg.32ab69b790eca11b4ec26d091676ba66.jpg

the next day it got even worse, redder, yellow dew popping out so I went to ER and they wrapped it with dermazin lotion and on friday I got antibiotics and belogent lotion.

yesterday it is still  only gettting not much better 20171001_090320.thumb.jpg.cdbc42bad2e24ed6552dd0d310a802f2.jpg

day 7 I am still in pain and cant use my arm for anything. basic things like washing dishes etc. are painful.

so anyone experienced this? got any tips on how to make healing faster? should I get my money back? thank you in advance

Edited by Grom

5 hours ago, Grom said:

yes, she did and he gave me aforementioned medicaments.

Is this common or rather rare?

It's more common with home tattooers, rare with professional tattooers.

What is the story here? Was this done in an actual tattoo shop? Did you thoroughly research the tattooer? Did you have multiple recommendations for this person? Did you review their portfolio?

Good luck with the heal.

I am so sorry dude.  While I have never gotten an infection I did get one messed up tattoo from a professional studio that came highly referred by friends.  Pissed me off to no end.  Some was due to my inexperience and some was outright deceit on the shop owners end.  It happens to a lot of people.

Did the Dr do a culture right away?  MRSA would be my main concern.

2 hours ago, Grom1 said:

it was an expensive professional tattoo parlor with 8 tattooists and had been recommended to me by 2 people.

thats why im pissed off even more.

thank you

In that case it IS very unusual and I would talk to them about it. I would also never go back. In tattoos, it's one strike and you're out.

Looks gruesome.  Soooo glad you went to get medical care!  So many folks here will suggest going back to the tattoo artist--even though they can't help unless, um, they are medically trained.  It sucks your tattoo got infected; perhaps it was "luck" of the draw?

I hope you're feeling better soon.

OP here, the tattoo is pretty much healed up now. only a few skin scabs here and there but no redness no puss etc. and the original colour seems to not have faded as much as I had expected it to. I am very surprised at how quickly it has started healing

The tattooist has offered to give me a 50% refund. 

Edited by Grom