NoLimitjoey

Products: -Aquaphor

-Lubriderm

-Dial hand soap gold antibacterial

-Paper Towels

-Plastic wrap?

Getting my first tattoo this Saturday at 3pm on my rib cage

Week one

-Dont take bandage off until next day if its sterile bandage.

-Wake up. Get into shower take off bandage clean with the dial soap. pat tattoo dry. apply thin layer of aquaphor. leave it uncovered.

-Apply another thing layer of aquaphor

-Clean and apply aquaphor before getting to bed

Week 2/ when it scabs

Same thing just sub lubriderm for aquaphor.

Thats really it. I'm a senior in highschool and still take PE what should i do about should i apply a wrap or sterile bandage in the locker room then after apply aquaphor or just go without anything. i don't really sweat though because i slack off alot unless we are playing basketball then i might sweat. and should i sleep with a bandage too or just put a tank top on and sleep on my other side

Hey there...check out the aftercare thread : https://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/f/11-tattoo-after-care/

Keeping it clean (at least twice a day, no more than three if you get sweaty/dirty) and lightly moisturized is what you need to do. :) I'd switch from Aquaphor to Lubriderm (or equivalent) after 4 days or so. Try not to sweat too much or rub it. Don't re-wrap it. Sleep on your other side! 

1 hour ago, Gingerninja said:

Hey there...check out the aftercare thread : https://www.lastsparrowtattoo.com/forum/f/11-tattoo-after-care/

Keeping it clean (at least twice a day, no more than three if you get sweaty/dirty) and lightly moisturized is what you need to do. :) I'd switch from Aquaphor to Lubriderm (or equivalent) after 4 days or so. Try not to sweat too much or rub it. Don't re-wrap it. Sleep on your other side! 

lets say i sweated after gym what should i do? moisturize it or apply aquaphor or let air dry 

My shop uses tegaderm film after your work is done. My artist suggested leaving it on five to seven days. After Two tattoo's my experience is leave the film on and follow directions and leave the film on. After five-seven days I took the film off in a hot steamy shower.  Cleaned the area with Tattoo goo cleaning soap. Gently patted the area down.

Tried three different products.

1. Griffin Salve-Works great, does not stick to my work shirts if allowed to dry for 30 minutes in the morning. Does not stick to sheets at night after a shower....A+

2. Ora's Tattoo Salve-Smells good, a little more greasy but it stops the itch. Takes longer to dry in the morning but works great. Reapply at night and you are good

3. Hustle butter-smells like coconut oil. great on the skins and last for hours/ May stick to you work clothes but the effects on your skin tell the story

I am 6 and have no illusions of youth . Do your research and see whose work last the best in your area. Names and fsces may worry some