What’s wrong with my tattoo?

Erieberry

Assuming it isn't infected, it looks like you may be putting too much lotion on it. Your skin is healing an open wound. It need to be kept clean and to have air - both. Just a very light amount of lotion - or none at all for those here who "dry-heal" will serve you better than too much. My skin reacts similarly if I use too much lotion during healing.

Assuming it isn't infected, it looks like you may be putting too much lotion on it. Your skin is healing an open wound. It need to be kept clean and to have air - both. Just a very light amount of lotion - or none at all for those here who "dry-heal" will serve you better than too much. My skin reacts similarly if I use too much lotion during healing.

Okay I’ll try that I’ve been putting aloe Vera on it a couple times a day since I’ve noticed it looking like that. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, looks like an allergic reaction or infektion to me but if your doc says otherwise...

You wrote it is about 2 month since you got that tattoo? Where did you get it? Was it done in a regular studio?

Somehow it doesn't look professional to me. Very small, bad placement, no proper lining. Looks like it was done by an unexperienced inker, probably a friend or even by your own?

It's a keloid scar.  It's how how some people with melanin in their skin react to scars.  Unfortunately, your doctor was probably not used to seeing it.  You need to see a skin doctor and see if you can get any meds for it.  Sometimes before you start healing, you can take meds (during pain medication), so keloids won't pop up, as a prevention method.  Sometimes it's inevitable. However, you may be lucky and it will heal and eventually disappear, but it will take months...maybe even a year.  

The needle went deeper than it should have, that's a fact.

It's a keloid scar.  It's how how some people with melanin in their skin react to scars.  Unfortunately, your doctor was probably not used to seeing it.  You need to see a skin doctor and see if you can get any meds for it.  Sometimes before you start healing, you can take meds (during pain medication), so keloids won't pop up, as a prevention method.  Sometimes it's inevitable. However, you may be lucky and it will heal and eventually disappear, but it will take months...maybe even a year.  

Thanks so much this is definitely good to know

Could is be a hyperthropic scar instead of a keloid? That’s what it looks more like to me, in person anyway