Hello - Looking for Advice!

EastCoastHobbit

Hello!  Happy to be here :)

I recently got a tattoo at a convention of a rabbit.  In general, I really like the tattoo.  It looks like an illustration from a children's book.  However, what I did not notice when I got the tattoo is that the rabbit's left ear is facing the wrong direction.  I'm so choked about this, because otherwise I really like it.  Is this something I am overthinking and should not worry about?  Or is it something that maybe could be fixed?

Thanks all :)

20171023_135114.jpg

3 hours ago, EastCoastHobbit said:

Hello!  Happy to be here :)

I recently got a tattoo at a convention of a rabbit.  In general, I really like the tattoo.  It looks like an illustration from a children's book.  However, what I did not notice when I got the tattoo is that the rabbit's left ear is facing the wrong direction.  I'm so choked about this, because otherwise I really like it.  Is this something I am overthinking and should not worry about?  Or is it something that maybe could be fixed?

Thanks all :)

20171023_135114.jpg

The tattoo itself is very nice, however the first thing I notice was how the rabbit's body was "out of sorts".  I would bring it up with the artist, but at the same time, research excellent, professional artists to correct this job.  Yes, it's definitely fixable, and a great artist can work wonders with this piece.  Don't rush it, however.  Most people won't even notice the ears unless you point it out.  Take your time and find a GREAT artist worthy of fixing the job.

Thanks! That's all really helpful. I am fairly new to tattooing and I do tend to overthink things. I did not know rabbits can turn their ears 270 degrees! That is a nice perspective on it.

Sometimes I find the world of tattoing can be intimidating. I love the art and it's such a beautiful form of expression, but being new to it can be confusing.

Again thanks! You all seem really supportive and that's nice to experience :)

Welcome!! I know from my own experience that it's easy to be overwhelmed - especially for me since I've only got 2 tattoos. I get fixated on the end state and don't focus on the details. Then I over-analyze it afterwards. Time and experience will overcome that...I hope. :1_grinning:

You have a beautiful tattoo that is unique to you!

Edited by Devious6