New here & to tattoos

JAC1961

Hey all.  I just got my first tattoo in August... at the ripe old age of 56.  I've always doubted the 'once you get one, you'll want more', until I got one.  It's true, I'm already planning my next.  Thought it be nice to join up to be able to ask questions and enjoy everyone else's work.

John

Welcome! At 62, I'm the oldest guy...to post so far. I got my first tattoo just a few weeks before my 61st birthday and my second 6 months later. I have the itch badly at this point but have not found a local artist I want to work with and haven't had any time to really concentrate on an artist and what I want to do for my next. At some point, though, the itch will overcome my patience...............

Got my first one at 52. I started with a sleeve and I've been working pretty steady for the last 7 years. Now have two sleeves, two chest panels, full back and working up the right leg to tie it in with the chest and back. May wind up with a body suit. All by the same tattooer, Japanese theme. Go big or go home.