Weird Healing

Nciampa

Well I was hoping to get some opinions on this odd healing? Is it scarring, blow out, etc...this is the first time I’ve used tattoo specific balm for the healing process but I’ve kept multiple tattoos healthy through healing so I’m not sure. I used Redemption because the artist recommended it and it looked great through healing, it just never really cleared back into the crisp look. I got it in August...talking about weirdness in the blue/teal. 

AB1F9F08-5099-4EE4-B4B4-8A37F9D6D884.jpeg

23E220ED-6F9F-45E6-AEFF-1D21B219E826.jpeg

I mean, yes, it’s pretty darn good, but what’s this going on that looks like red/darker undertones..? Not saying it’s infected red but it’s almost like discolored a bit. Here’s a better picture of what I’m talking about. 

7F9F20B7-29CD-4000-BBE6-AC2BDEE2FDD5.jpeg

Edited by Nciampa
Typo/edit

The discolored area gets dry quicker and almost has different texture. Those areas were the ones that had thicker scabs- still didn’t pick and let them do their thing...safe to say it’s just not done healing almost 3.5 months later? And that’s okay for only patches to be like that?