Tattoo advise from native speakers

DasanKa

Hi guys!

I `m planning to tattoo but  I doubt if it sounds just like what I want to say. 

So the whole meaning is that "Don`t look for the sense (meaning/sound) in this inscription (tatoo), better try to find it in your life" - what is better? sense (meaning/sound) ?

And the other problem is that It's too long. I assume the following one: "Don't make the tattoo more than your life is" - вoes this make sense without context?

So I can rely on Native Speakers' opinion exclusively.

Thank you for your help!

"Don't look for meaning in this inscription; better to try to find it in your life."

--this one works.

"Don't make this tattoo more than your life is."

--this isn't really grammatically correct. it should be something like: "Don't make this tattoo mean more than your life does." Or, "This tattoo shouldn't mean more than your life does."

But it's a hard idea to convey in words. @Gingerninja has a good idea. Is there an image that could represent this?

Cool idea though: images don't always mean.

2 minutes ago, scottyg said:

Yeah, the meaning is clear, but in context you would still need something like: "Don't make it mean more than your life does." That would be clear to the reader.

Or, "don't try to make it mean more than your life does."

"Don't make it mean more than your life does" - excellently ! :))Thaaank you a lot))