Places to eat in SD & LA.

Joe Shit

I'm going to SD,and LA next week,and was looking for some good local places to eat.

I really like mexican food,especially Huaraches,and Fish Tacos.Seafood,Burgers,Chinese.

Good coffee houses,and Bakeries..I also like to visit outdoor markets.I did buy a frommer's book to SD,but i wan't to get the local's opinions on where to eat,and what places to visit.

Here's a blog I wrote on my trip to San Diego which has food in it. Most places are North County SD but some elsewhere in San Diego as well as check out the comment from Navy Dave as I haven't tried this place yet but it sounds awesome.

Where in SD and helLA will you be? If you give us specifics we can probably narrow down some places otherwise we can list all over.

Here are some first ones that come to mind:

LA Food

Mia Sushi in Eagle Rock is damn good.

Dave's Chillin N Grillin in Eagle Rock is a must have if you're near there. Every time I'm visiting our homie Demian I eat there at least once! It's in my top ten sandwich joints hands down!!

SD Food

Juanita's in Encinitas is a must eat.

There's a start.....

I'm staying near Balboa Park in a part of town called Banker's Hill for three nights,then i was thinking about driving up to LA on the weekend to check out Santa Monica Pier and some farmers market's,the Sunset Strip,Melrose Ave,and of course plenty of tattoo shop's.I know there's alot of food trucks in LA,do you know which ones are a must eat.I do have a rental car the whole week,so driving somewhere isn't a problem.I don't have a place in LA yet,does anyone know of some reasonable places to stay outside of the city.

Thanks everybody..Hey Lochlan the fish taco's at Juanita's look awesome..I did see that episode of crazee burger on DDD..I think i may be eating an ostrich burger.

Also saw phillipe's roast beef on one of those show's too.Hey Barbie Doll,that list is awesome..I'm going to put that on my iphone.Now i just have to figure out what to do in LA.