The dreaded tattoo regret

flipcrab85

I got a new one done yesterday. Thought, in my opinion, it is done extremely well, I'm not super excited about it not looking like what I wanted, upon going in. I brought more of a neo traditional reference to my traditional artist, so he made changes putting his twist on things. Any of you ever, I'm sure it happens, get some work done and come out like... Ehhh, should have thought this through a little more!?

I dig the color palette and placement. Its a bit hard to comment on the piece because of the photo, but I don't think you should feel too down about this tattoo. It could also be built off of. 

All that said, I do regret placement of tattoos. I think a few of mine could fit other parts of the body better, but ultimately its not about perfection 

2 hours ago, InkIncShow said:

I dig the color palette and placement. Its a bit hard to comment on the piece because of the photo, but I don't think you should feel too down about this tattoo. It could also be built off of. 

All that said, I do regret placement of tattoos. I think a few of mine could fit other parts of the body better, but ultimately its not about perfection 

Thanks, yeah. The more I look at it, it's growing on me. At the same rate, the more you get the less each stand out! Lol

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think my next piece will be the kneecap. Thoughts on the fitment of a moth there. When I added the rose (last piece), we talked about an animal head, and he mentioned the torch was placed too high go accommodate the lower jaw to fall out right on there. I'm trying to come up with something that would provide for good fitment with minimal straight lines because of the movement of the joint.

And another thought was to put something on each side of the knee that would overlap into the center.  Just looking for thoughts.

Tia

its all a personal thing in the end, 

the face and helmet could've had a bit more attention to detail imo from the angle we can see. 

the eagle is nice though 👌

sometimes you dont get what you wanted but then again thats why touch ups are touch ups.

placement is super important, the staff in the studio shouldve consulted you about this prior to inking.