Tattoo cloudy

Horus

Hey guys! 
So I recently got a wrist tattoo and I'm worried about it looking cloudy/milky as it heals. 

After getting it, my tattoo artist slapped saniderm on it and told me to keep it on for 4 days and then take it off and clean the tattoo and then later apply lotion when it gets dry. 

However, an hour after leaving, I accidentally peeled off the top of the saniderm wrap so when I called him, he told me to take the entire thing off and then clean the tattoo and keep it dry and to clean it twice daily. 

As its healing (Its been nearly 2 weeks since I've gotten it), I noticed that as the scabs come off, under it, the tattoo looks milky/cloudy. Is this normal? Will it regain the black color? ;_;

Here are some pics:

xKi2274.jpg

This is directly after getting it. 

This is after some of the scabs fell off

6pGTamR.jpg

wK9BTCW.jpg

The really black parts are the parts that haven't scabbed and fell off yet but they're getting there. 

Will I need a touchup? T_T

Yep - it's normal for it to look a lot lighter after the scabs fall off. Black will never look as dark as when the tattoo is fresh. In reality it's always gonna look more of a dark blue than actual black. Occasionally you may also get lighter spots related to bits not healing so well / ink fallout - hard to know that til it's fully healed though.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
 got this tattoo last week in London. There appears to be blowout/blue tinted skin in the portion circled and other areas of it. I emailed  where I got it done (a refutable place) and they said to wait it out until the 3 week mark. Does this look like healing or blowout to you? Do you think it’d go away on its own or Is it treatable with laser if it’s blowout? I realize it’s minor but things like this bother me haha. I’ve attached pics. Im also wondering what you think the cause was, I have been careful but maybe not careful enough with clothes rubbing, etc? I read blowout is usually the artists fault. Also, above the om symbol, the dot has a blemish/ potential keloid on it and the ink is very faded. Im wondering if once the blemish is gone, the ink will reappear? It’s been a little over a week and this is my first tattoo. I’m really concerned it was my38D875EE-50CE-4A4D-99BB-BE0C3450135D.jpeg.eb20824558532ff45c3ddadbd6e25317.jpeg.7627eed8615c4158a2abb0acfca20a7b.jpeg fault. 

thank you!!

25 minutes ago, Gingerninja said:

It's healing. Listen to your artist! You need at least a month before you know how it will settle in. 

Also, blowouts can happen to any artist, so it's not necessarily their fault. 

Breathe and let it settle in.

thank you :) i have major anxiety so this helped. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello,

I have just gotten a new tattoo. It’s been 8 days now and the scabbing has all come off naturally in the shower. Now I am seeing cloudy shiny skin after I wash it In the shower and it drys. Is this normal? Please help

46E238D5-A978-4A10-9669-E186FA92C2C3.jpeg

Edited by SJ94
Photo added

53 minutes ago, SJ94 said:

Hello,

I have just gotten a new tattoo. It’s been 8 days now and the scabbing has all come off naturally in the shower. Now I am seeing cloudy shiny skin after I wash it In the shower and it drys. Is this normal? Please help

(standard answer/reply) 

looks 100% normal to me.    what could it be ? , it's a  8 day old tattoo !

look at it again in 6 weeks,and NOT with a magnifying glass.

don't over moisturize it.

it will be fine

7 hours ago, Dan said:

(standard answer/reply) 

it will be fine

Thanks for the reassurance pal, just didn’t know what to expect from this tattoo as my first was just a small one which healed very quickly 

16 hours ago, Dan said:

(standard answer/reply) 

it will be fine

Does my tattoo looked scarred to you? Or do you think it’s looking normal? People have said it’s should be nearly healed by now? I’m very confused and anxious as this is a meaningful piece. ? 

1 hour ago, SJ94 said:

Does my tattoo looked scarred to you? Or do you think it’s looking normal? People have said it’s should be nearly healed by now? I’m very confused and anxious as this is a meaningful piece. ? 

I can't tell if it's scarred,

those people telling you that it should be healed by now are wrong,

and  I do know that tattoos take 6 or so weeks to fully heal,and longer sometimes.

Edited by Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Tattoo is looking much better now! 

It is now 3.5 weeks healed and I’m just wondering if the line work on the mandala as shown in the picture is looking normal? It seems to be slightly raised and still white and cloudy? Would this normally take longer to heal? Parts of the tattoo are still shiny but not as much as before! 

F078E2E4-1BAA-44B9-8DE0-57565D4879AF.jpeg

D54C594F-907E-4AB4-A174-07054DEAC333.jpeg

3A667164-DA7D-4BB1-972A-14DE79D31D27.jpeg

65911743-4B6C-4680-904E-B01DECB0C63F.jpeg

Edited by SJ94

^yep

Hi! I think some of my shading ink got pulled out during cleaning. One time with minimal pressure, i unintentionally rubbed some skin shedding off while cleaning because it was so soft with water. I am wondering if it’s that easy for tattoo ink to come off?
I’ve been wondering if i should be worried about ink pulling out from the soft wet shedded skin while washing even though i apply minimal pressure for 1 minute tops while washing.

circled the area where i think some of the shading came off.

it’s about 6 days old.
a06fc1eb4d6129a8d9389e2d3f3c7c1c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk