Sign in to follow this  
Jriley1415

How can I avoid tattoo peeling?

I got a stick n poke tattoo a couple weeks ago and it was fine for about a week until I took a shower and skin started peeling, so I picked at it and now most of it has come off. I’m getting it fixed in a few days. Any advice?

478F03C1-1F8D-48BB-A910-94887CEF99B4.jpeg

3 hours ago, Jriley1415 said:

I got a stick n poke tattoo a couple weeks ago and it was fine for about a week until I took a shower and skin started peeling, so I picked at it and now most of it has come off. I’m getting it fixed in a few days. Any advice?

478F03C1-1F8D-48BB-A910-94887CEF99B4.jpeg

you don't want to avoid peeling or pick at it,

most tattoos will 'fall out" on the sides of fingers like that, especially scratcher garage tattoos  like that.

and like was said,peeling is a normal and good part of tattoo healing.Let it peel.

Edited by Dan

2 hours ago, Jriley1415 said:

To those who are asking if this was done in a shop, no it was not. It’s my first tat and don’t know how to treat it. People saying don’t let it peel, people saying let it peel. I need to know how to take care of this.

Gingerninja and myself answered that already,

it's too late now to worry about aftercare for that cross on your finger,nothing will help it,it's already mostly healed.

the best advice is to go to a professional shop next time.