Can I get an opinion on this

Bolohead

Working to get something a bit differant for this next tat I'm getting, and I call this Fireheart with my wifes side profile inside the burning heart. We've been together over 30 yrs, so I thought it would be nice to do.

FireHeart-1-1.jpg

Working to get something a bit differant for this next tat I'm getting, and I call this Fireheart with my wifes side profile inside the burning heart. We've been together over 30 yrs, so I thought it would be nice to do.

FireHeart-1-1.jpg

Yeah, don't take that to the shop, just tell them what you want, and let them draw it.

Yeah, don't take that to the shop, just tell them what you want, and let them draw it.

that is great advice. Tattoo artists are exactly that...ARTISTS. their ability to interpret what you want will most likely be waayyy better than the non-artist could come up with.

I'd be afraid that trying to incorporate flames into the equation, may give off a demonic/evil feeling to the piece. If you take this to the wrong artist, you could end up with a real mess. I would very seriously consider just going to a really good portrait artitst, and be open to his/her input. You'll end up with a much better outcome.

Thanks for the advice, but I'm going to skip this idea. My wife has never liked tattoo's, and didn't really like the idea of my first one. So I wanted to try something on her, to see if I could get input. To my surprize, she liked what I was coming up with.... a better picture of her with her favorite flower in her hair. She was actually looking at other designs and styles in case this one couldn't be done by my tattoo artist.

I showed this picture below to my tattoo artist, and he loved it and said no problem getting it done this next Saturday. Now my wife is looking at more designs for my next one after this one.

DSCF2313-2.jpg

Are you happy with this tattoo? Did you flip through any of the galleries, threads, interviews or blogs on this website, or did you just start a new thread?

I know this sounds mean, and you'll probably ignore it, but my advise is to not let this artist get near your skin again and start a new thread here that reads "Who in my area can fix this?". Sorry dude, I'm not trying to starte a flame war or offend you, just trying to point you in the right direction.

Bolohead

I'm glad that you were able to come up with a picture that both you and your wife like.

My advice though is to not add a single thing to this design - adding ANYTHING else will take away from it's simplicity.

Don't let the tattooist talk you into making any additions. Nothing else!

Iwar, I can really appreciate your feedback, and there are a few artist in my local area that can fix this. But the truth is, that I have rec as much positive feedback as negative feedback. I know every tattoo is not going to make someone feel it so to speak, but I did choose not to have a portrait that was not sharp like you see in "Portrait Tattoos" that I did google the images on. We will see, as my wife is very happy with it at the present time.

Deb, thank you for the pos feedback. I asked our 2 yr old granddaughter who that was in the tattoo, and after carefully looking at the tattoo, she responded with "That's my Lolli in chocolate" and the tattoo as based on a pic taken 30 yrs ago of my wife. The only thing I added to the example for my artist, was the hibiscus flower which is my wife's favorite flower and the Hawaiian state flower.

Hawai'i has a lot of memories for us, and so this tattoo has a story as we have been there many times. I had thought about adding just a light hint of the Magical Waterfalls under her, accented with plumerias at the bottom. My wife had actually hated tattoo's, but when I came up with this idea after my first Makau (Hawaiian Fishhook) on my back she got real excited about this one. Now, she is looking at some other designs that I'm thinking about for my next tattoo work. I came up with one scetching design that she asked me not to use in the future, and that was one with bare breast on it, she does not mind if an arm is covering the nipple area of my designs. But I have a lot of scetchings that I can choose from, that are along the theme I am using.

Well I know I'm new here, but I'm going to play the bad guy. That tattoo is terrible. There isn't one redeeming quality in the whole thing. The line work is choppy and inconsistent, the shading (if you want to call it that) looks like it was done with a prison tattoo "gun" as it's uneven, splotchy and simply in the wrong areas, and in 10 years this thing will be an unrecognizable mess. If I'm reading the photo correctly, it's put on backwards too. You don't need to get a "traditional" portrait to have a nice tattoo of a loved one, but I would run, not walk, to the nearest and best portrait artist you have and see if there's any help at all for this thing.

Bolohead if you are happy with this tattoo ,then that is all that matters.

As journeymen, skilled craftsmen in the trade of tattooing we look at tattoos from a technical standpoint.

You must have looked through the portfolio of the person that did your design, prior to getting the tattoo, and chose to get it.

My only recommendation is to leave it as it is.

I don't know man, I have to agree with everyone here, don't try to fix it, don't go back to that guy, and like I said previously stop designing you're own "Sketches" in photoshop to give to people to tattoo. You can walk out of the shop much happier and pleased with what you're getting.