Need advice on healing tattoo

Enrique

Hi all,

I got a tattoo on my inner forearm seven days ago. Most of it is pealing just fine. However, there’s a couple of spots that scabbed. The intended effect in these two spots is a transparency so the artist put down dark red first and then went over it with a lighter red. The tattoo has black, red, green and yellow. Do you guys think I had an allergic reaction to the color red?

C8CB2188-58A8-4F78-BC41-614C96EC7A50.jpeg

69DF27AB-6978-4603-8044-16AF342B1839.jpeg

I followed the artist's directions to a T. Unwrapped it after four hours and washed the arm with lukewarm water and antibacterial soap, pat dried the area with a paper towel and applied the goo he supplied. Used goo for three days and switched to lubriderm lotion. Like I said, It's flaking normally in about 80% of the area except for two spots where bright red was put on top of dark red. Those two spots are heavily scabbed. It's not warm or swollen nor producing any sort of discharge. I'm just wondering if heavy scabbing always leads to loss of detail and/or color.

Thanks

22 minutes ago, Enrique said:

I'm just wondering if heavy scabbing always leads to loss of detail and/or color.

I've never had scabbing like that, but I understand that if you leave it alone, you'll probably be OK.

I'd go over the aftercare instructions with the artist, in person, in detail. I'm not saying you did anything wrong, but that is some pretty heavy scabbing.