hardest artist to book

Grime, Mike Roper, Marcus Pacheco, Lars Uwe, Uncle Allan

- - - Updated - - -

I would have to agree with Johan as well. Last I heard he is tattooing mostly people in the area and existing clients only. I would love a second pass from him (doesn't need it at all but I just want to get tattooed by him again) but I am not holding my breath. Have u tried emailing him?

Called to the shop. One of the people said his waiting list was probably 3-4 years :p. Not gone wait that long. From what i have found on the internet about him i think he also spends alot of time with his kids and wife which is completely understandable. but yeah, less good for us. Ah well. There are other great artists.

I booked for Mike Rubendall. TJ (his awesome crazy mustached assistant) said his wait was 3 years, but I could get one year since he looked me up and I was an artist. I waited that one year and got an awesome tattoo. I would gladly wait 3 years for a Mike Rubendall tattoo. Hardest working dude I've ever met. He's in that New York state of mind ;)

Called to the shop. One of the people said his waiting list was probably 3-4 years :p. Not gone wait that long. From what i have found on the internet about him i think he also spends alot of time with his kids and wife which is completely understandable. but yeah, less good for us. Ah well. There are other great artists.

Ouch. He told me straight up he was going to focus more on his family, didn't think he would follow thru like this! Kudos for him for being a great family man, but like you said sucks for us...

I booked for Mike Rubendall. TJ (his awesome crazy mustached assistant) said his wait was 3 years, but I could get one year since he looked me up and I was an artist. I waited that one year and got an awesome tattoo. I would gladly wait 3 years for a Mike Rubendall tattoo. Hardest working dude I've ever met. He's in that New York state of mind ;)

Do you have a picture to show us?

I finally got tattooed by Guy Le Tatooer after having tried to book in with him 4 times over as many years. Last year I was even ready to fly over the Atlantic and come to consultation and hopefully tattooing, in New York. Well, I was just about to give up, I said "2015 is the last year I try with this Guy guy..." because the tattoo I wanted from him was holding up a bunch of other tattoos to be placed around it. I had tried to find other tattooers doing the same type of work, and there are, but in my opinion they are all copy cats (not only copying from Guy, but just banging reference material on people with no thought of artistic progress, composition and being inventive) So yes, I am very happy I sticked to the original plan, that's a lesson for me. Waiting is worth it. Getting tattooed by Guy is a great experience in itself and I'm so glad I got the chance. You can tell that he cares a lot, he wants to reinvent himself constantly and try new things. He struggles and he's a crafts man, that goes a long way in this field. I think it's the same with many of the other people mentioned in this thread.

My friend Nathan got a backpiece from Steve Moore after emailing him for ten years. He got a response to his final email which read: "Dear Steve, My name is Nathan and I have been emailing you every few months for 10 years..." Less than a year later he had a killer completed backpiece.

Lol wouldnt even wait 10 years for freddy mercury. It would really suck if you passed away at year 9.

Guess my max is about 2 years

My friend Nathan got a backpiece from Steve Moore after emailing him for ten years. He got a response to his final email which read: "Dear Steve, My name is Nathan and I have been emailing you every few months for 10 years..." Less than a year later he had a killer completed backpiece.

Kind of odd because my buddy got in with Steve fairly quickly. Just finished it at the Summit Convention

I don't want to name the dude. But an artist I REALLY wanted a piece by for years was a total buzzkill. Guy tattoos in another country. Called his shop- nothing. Emailed a few times over 2 years- nothing. Met him at a convention, was super into the idea, down with my travel schedule and told me to email him. Went back and forth a little. I then see he's coming to a convention just a short flight away (about 6mths later) and since I didn't have an appt yet, I emailed (three times over 3 mths) asking for a slot. Nothing. Months pass, and just 4 days prior emails me a paypal invoice and appt details. What the f, man. I didn't book airfare or hotels. No travel plans were made. I email back saying not doable due to short notice and that was the last I heard of him. Total bummer.

I don't want to name the dude. But an artist I REALLY wanted a piece by for years was a total buzzkill. Guy tattoos in another country. Called his shop- nothing. Emailed a few times over 2 years- nothing. Met him at a convention, was super into the idea, down with my travel schedule and told me to email him. Went back and forth a little. I then see he's coming to a convention just a short flight away (about 6mths later) and since I didn't have an appt yet, I emailed (three times over 3 mths) asking for a slot. Nothing. Months pass, and just 4 days prior emails me a paypal invoice and appt details. What the f, man. I didn't book airfare or hotels. No travel plans were made. I email back saying not doable due to short notice and that was the last I heard of him. Total bummer.

Damn im sorry to hear that. You just described everything what i am afraid of. I guess some things are not meant to be.. but lucky for us there are many great artists. Im sure you will find someone else who will rock your boat. (or float your boat)

• 1 year later...
On 20/05/2011 at 3:09 PM, Julio Avila said:

i think its not too difficult to get tattooed by somebody you really want if you are patient. WAIT. get in contact with the person, let them know what you want, drop off a deposit and wait. save that spot you want to get tattooed for that tattoo.

people bug out when i tell them they gotta wait two weeks for their tattoo. like they are going to die or go to prison in that time. CHILL. if you aint a pain in the ass, itll happen

Once I find a tattooist I like close enough to my town I'll be willing the wait months for my turn.
Just got to find one now.

I did find one but when I told him what I wanted he didn't respond so I guess he didn't like it. lol

• 1 month later...

Holy shit I can't imagine waiting that long to get a session. One place in Omaha I called when I was looking for a new place opens their artists books like three times a year- and that's the only time you can make the appt. You have to wait outside in line and when they open the door, you get in and get what you can. We would've had to drive 2.5 hours each way, get a hotel, and take a day off work. They won't do appts over email or phone, in person only. Sooo we went elsewhere. The guy I go to is the hardest to get with in the shop but so worth it. Depending on how our schedules mesh up it's 2-4 months, so they let us make a couple two or three visits out at a time. My husbands artist is now working at becoming the second nipple/areola tattoo artist in the Midwest to specifically work w/breast cancer patients, so that will become his full time gig and the shop will only be part time, so he'll be really hard to get in to now.