Sign in to follow this  
ceren

blowout and new tattoo

hi everyone, just got my new tattoo this monday. it was done by an artist i wanted to get inked by for a long time and i traveled a long distance to get it. and the tattoo turned out perfect. well almost :) there is entensive blowout around most of the edges and it seems to be getting bigger/worse everday :(

from what i have read so far there is nothing i can do about this. have to live with it or choose a coverup or removal method down the line. i guess i will decide that with my artist. 

my main question is this: i already have a second appointment booked with another artist for my other arm. should i go through with it? or accept that i have a higher chance of getting a blowout and switch to a safer location on my body (i don't know where that is but i guess i can ask my artist...)? 

would love to hear your thoughts!

A couple of things. First, you don't know what a tattoo will look like until it heals, so I wouldn't be too worried yet. Second, why do you think you have a higher chance of getting a blowout? Blowouts happen and they aren't always the artists fault. I would probably help to post a pic.

In general, the thinner the skin the higher the chance of a blowout, but it can happen anywhere.

i worked with a great artist so i am sure that it is not her fault. just plain old bad luck or worse it could be my skin. i have very thin skin. you can see through my veins. i am just afraid that whoever the artist i will end up with blowout on the inside of my arm because of my skin :( will post a picture later on :)

update: braved up and went to my second appointment with a new artist and i am so happy that i did. there is some veeery minor blowout but overall the tattoo is just perfect. as for my first tattoo, the blowout is official and probably here to stay. there is a blue tint atound much of it and one part looks like i have been beaten up just recently... not nice... will definitely have to head back to cover it with more design. how long do you think i should wait before doing that? 

23 hours ago, ceren said:

update: braved up and went to my second appointment with a new artist and i am so happy that i did. there is some veeery minor blowout but overall the tattoo is just perfect. as for my first tattoo, the blowout is official and probably here to stay. there is a blue tint atound much of it and one part looks like i have been beaten up just recently... not nice... will definitely have to head back to cover it with more design. how long do you think i should wait before doing that? 

You'll probably just have more blowouts. They aren't something you can control, really. It just happens sometimes.

I'd let it be - they are just part of getting tattooed - best to learn to love em! 

That said - if you really can't stand the blown out bits, you can always get the actually blowout lasered. Couple of passes and it will probably get rid like this pic shows