so i'll be headed to Chicago next week (oct 5-11) and i thought i'd ask if anyone had any recommendations for things to check out and do. i'll be going to Riot Fest all 5 nights so my evening plans are set, but i'll be there by myself and with lots of time to explore the city during the day. i think i'm pretty set as far as museums go, but i have no clue on where to go for good record shopping, used clothing, thrifting or anything else fun. i would love to get tattooed while i'm there, but unfortunately, i don't think i'll have the money to do so.

any suggestions?

thanks Mario and Nick! i had read about Reckless records but hearing a recommendation for them is even better. i'm a bargain hunter when it comes to music now (most of my collection consists of items i bought for under $5) and so far, i've been pretty lucky when traveling. my trip to the northwest in may/june proved very fruitful on that front.

Nick, i'll definitely stop by! i'm getting more and more stoked by the minute.

Nick, i'll definitely stop by! i'm getting more and more stoked by the minute.

WooHoo...looks like this may be our first LST get together! we all want details here.

Nick, i do remember Dari mentioning that you will be in the bay area in october for the convention....hopefully i'll be able to stop by and meet at the blackheart party.

WooHoo...looks like this may be our first LST get together! we all want details here.

Nick, i do remember Dari mentioning that you will be in the bay area in october for the convention....hopefully i'll be able to stop by and meet at the blackheart party.

will do Tammy once all the details are figured out. thought i might drop by late on wednesday, after getting to my hostel and checking in, but that will depend on if Nick and/or Mario are there.

REckless Records has three locations, check them out. as far as the vintage clothing, there are some spots, but i don't know much about them. other than that, museums, parks, lincoln park zoo, and delicious restaurants.
just stop by the shop and we can get you anywhere you wanna go..

Mario and Nick: any chance you'd both be free to do some work? i mean if i'm coming by the shop anyways... i've got some ideas floating around in my head and i'd love to talk shop. i think i can scrape up the money.

• 3 months later...