what's your opinion on the brutal black project?

yamy

Not my cup of tea, but as long as I don't have to participate, who cares?

When I see this kind of extreme work, it makes me wonder if they will regret it years from now. Must be the old man in me. I have a ton of work, but a long-sleeve shirt and pants covers it all.

You make your choices then you live with the consequences.

Feels like a gimmick to me, although people could say the same about some of my tattoos, so I guess it's all relative. It just seems like to some extent tattoos must have an aesthetic appeal and this is removing all the aesthetic value...which maybe is an aesthetic in and of itself? (I'm not hitting the blunt right now, I swear.)

To each his own. My ink is very personal and covered in my conservative work environment. I dont judge on extreme body modification but I think these folks may have a hard a hard time getting a job one day.

If I had the money and time I would be wearing a full body suit under my work clothes.

Failing to see the art aspect here. But hey some folks would say the same about my work.

2 hours ago, JAC1961 said:

Just someone's 5 minutes of fame.  I'm afraid things like this don't do any good for the impression of tattooing in minds of the haters.

I agree alot with what you are saying.

11 hours ago, Hogrider said:

Not my cup of tea, but as long as I don't have to participate, who cares?

When I see this kind of extreme work, it makes me wonder if they will regret it years from now. Must be the old man in me. I have a ton of work, but a long-sleeve shirt and pants covers it all.

You make your choices then you live with the consequences.

sure,everyone should bear the consequences for the choices they make. and I understand that some people enjoy pain, or the journey, or whatever, but for me when you start putting ink in your eyes, horns in your head, nose chopped off, holes in your face or just crazy black lines everywhere then you have gone to something else entirely

On 3/6/2018 at 8:15 PM, yamy said:

sure,everyone should bear the consequences for the choices they make. and I understand that some people enjoy pain, or the journey, or whatever, but for me when you start putting ink in your eyes, horns in your head, nose chopped off, holes in your face or just crazy black lines everywhere then you have gone to something else entirely

If they like it, who cares? Doesn't affect you. *shrug*