Can my tattoo be re-worked?

JohnMcLauchlan

image: https://imgur.com/a/xLeM4

About a month ago, I got a sleeve from a friend of a friend for $100 (Dumbest decision ever) because I thought why not. I was not using logic at the time because I was so eager and excited. 

Anyway, my tattoo is supposed to be a rose sleeve but they don't even look like roses, more like crappy origami. How easily do you think my sleeve could be re-worked if I went to a legitimate artist? Does it look to hard to fix without laser fading?

I don't mind having to stick to the rose design, I just want t to look good. I haven't consulted any artists in my city yet because I don't have money at the moment, so I thought I'd ask on here.  

Edited by JohnMcLauchlan
grammar

I've seen worse, but there is a good bit of dark in it - so re-working will depend on the quality of the artist, and you're gonna pay real $ for that. We might be able to send recommendations so you can get a consult and see. Where are you?

That's not even that bad at all! I was expecting a total train wreck. If you're fine with the layout of it then it should be easily fixable by someone competent as it wont really even be a total cover up. Some artists might say no to doing it though because it would be a boring commission for them.

When I heard $100 sleeve, I expected much worse. I think what's making it look like origami to you is just it has some harder edges than you would normally find on something soft and smooth like a rose. With some smoothing out of the shading, I think it could easily get a more appropriate texture and better convey the delicacy of the roses. Not a hard thing to fix at all for someone who specializes in black and gray, imo. Where are you based so we can suggest artists? 

Hey guys I'm back :) Found 2 nearby artists who might be able to fix my sleeve..? Haven't consulted yet but will do when I have a new job :) 

1).A local reputable artists who specializes in black and grey.  I haven't seen any cover up or repair work on his page, but I think he could handle the job. 

2).  Another local artist who specializes in cover ups, though his cover up work is neo-trad and japanese. 

Edited by JohnMcLauchlan