Cover Up Advice

ByeBye

Hello! New here! I was wondering if you guys think I could cover this up with something and what or if its better to laser and THEN cover up. I really dont wanna do laser but I also dont wanna mess it up even more ya know so heeeelp!! Thanks. 

6CB96BAF-D2C4-4F1B-AC0C-07280B5B18F8.jpeg

13 hours ago, rdinak said:

That will be no small project. Take the time to meet with an artist who understands and does good cover work. The artist can explain which colors will work and how much larger the cover piece will need to be to allow proper blending, shading and design. Plan on multiple sessions. 

+1

When I hear, "I just want it gone" it makes me think they are in a hurry. Desperation for a quick coverup is a recipe for disaster.  Every coverup is harder than the last, so take your time and get it right.

3 hours ago, Hogrider said:

+1

When I hear, "I just want it gone" it makes me think they are in a hurry. Desperation for a quick coverup is a recipe for disaster.  Every coverup is harder than the last, so take your time and get it right.

Well, yeah I agree its just its causing me anxiety and depression having it there. I made a mistke. 

“Think before you ink!” 

It’s a good tattoo and a coverup will be a disaster. Learn to love it, add to it to make it more feminine, or get started with the laser treatments. Believe me, I’m the master of getting coverups, blast overs, and redoing tattoos. I’d leave that one alone!

Edited by cfmartin67

3 minutes ago, cfmartin67 said:

“Think before you ink!” 

It’s a good tattoo and a coverup will be a disaster. Learn to love it, add to it to make it more feminine, or get started with the laser treatments. Believe me, I’m the master of getting coverups, blast overs, and redoing tattoos. I’d leave that one alone!

My mom says i could add feminine things too but its just so freaking huge I dont know how that would work. 

4 minutes ago, Gingerninja said:

Ah, gottcha. You'd be surprised to know how many women have imagery like this! I think it's bad ass... Take a bunch of deep breaths and do research on coverups. Where are you located?

I thought about that too when I got it but now I’m just freaking out. The negative opinions plus my own insecurity have made this a nightmare. Should’ve put it in a more private place but oh well can’t change the past. And I live in Puerto Rico. 

25 minutes ago, Gingerninja said:

Well, screw what people say. Their reactions tell you more about them than anything about you. My suggestion: own it. Use it to power you while you figure out your options. 

Imma try girl! I just feel like the dumbest person in the world right now... 

26 minutes ago, Gingerninja said:

Well, screw what people say. Their reactions tell you more about them than anything about you. My suggestion: own it. Use it to power you while you figure out your options. 

Its also super confusing cause some people say it cant be covered others say it can others say i should fade with laser others say i dont have to others say laser is a waste of time and etc. Like theres just so much uncertainty. 

45 minutes ago, cfmartin67 said:

“Think before you ink!” 

Do you think laser would work on the type of tattoo i have? 

11 minutes ago, Gingerninja said:

Hey, if this is the worst thing that ever happens to you (or the dumbest) then you are golden. PR has some great artists and a couple of great conventions where you could find artists that travel. Do your research! Also, give that badass tattoo a nice feminine name. Hahaha! 

You have a point there...and I have talked to two dudes so far and one said he couldnt cover it yet the other said the typical rose cover up and imma see others. I do agree, I love my family and even have a best friend and have uni and everything (even tho i didnt go this semester) yet I dont know how or why this has affected me so much. To the point of not eating or wanting to wake up from sleeping so I dont have to see it. I literally spend hours and hours looking at laser removal reviews and checking cover up artists and examples. I just cant find peace girl, it sucks. I know its stupid but knowing its stupid doesn’t make the feeling go away.