Sign in to follow this  
poopsiekittens

How long AFTER that beach vacation can you get a tattoo?

So this summer I am planning to do a cover up on an older tattoo and I don't seem to find any thoughts on how much should you wait after you've gone on a vacation and tanned to get a tattoo. I wonder if this affects the tattoo at all. I'm not a big lover of tanning so will protect my skin so I won't get a sunburn, but the tattoo will be on my forearm, so skin that gets quite exposed. What do you guys think?

1 hour ago, poopsiekittens said:

So this summer I am planning to do a cover up on an older tattoo and I don't seem to find any thoughts on how much should you wait after you've gone on a vacation and tanned to get a tattoo. I wonder if this affects the tattoo at all. I'm not a big lover of tanning so will protect my skin so I won't get a sunburn, but the tattoo will be on my forearm, so skin that gets quite exposed. What do you guys think?

yes,the only thing that would affect getting a tattoo after a vacation is if you get sun burned,just keep a good 50spf on the area the tattoo is going on and you will be fine.I don't like the sun either,but tanning won't hurt anything,I am the guy on Maui beaches with 50spf and sitting under an umbrella. LOL

beach.JPG