Ditch Healing

Noe777

Hey guys, so I had a rose tattooed on my left inside elbow 2 weeks and 2 days ago.  and let me tell you the healing process has been 100x worst than getting the actual tattoo. I know the healing on the inside elbow takes longer to heal but I STILL cant bend my elbow( It tightens up ans swells a little when I do) and its getting really annoying to try and keep it straight for so long. Im wondering if thats normal?  The tattoo started peeling a little after the first week, the swelling just went away recently. The tattoo is still peeling now, But what concerns me is that I still cant bend my elbow even half way. Any tips I can use to heal it a little faster?

Snapchat-1931617612.jpg

20 hours ago, Noe777 said:

Hey guys, so I had a rose tattooed on my left inside elbow 2 weeks and 2 days ago.  and let me tell you the healing process has been 100x worst than getting the actual tattoo. I know the healing on the inside elbow takes longer to heal but I STILL cant bend my elbow( It tightens up ans swells a little when I do) and its getting really annoying to try and keep it straight for so long. Im wondering if thats normal?  The tattoo started peeling a little after the first week, the swelling just went away recently. The tattoo is still peeling now, But what concerns me is that I still cant bend my elbow even half way. Any tips I can use to heal it a little faster?

Snapchat-1931617612.jpg

aveeno ?

Are you keeping it moisturized? I like Aveeno unscented. The skin is is probably dry and tight from the healing process. I had one done right in the hip crease. It hurt and was a pain to heal, literally, but making myself move around like normal didn't cause any damage to it. It took almost a full 4 weeks to heal though.

Yeah theres one spot thats sore and still feels tight. the tattoo in general is taking a long time to heal. my other one was pretty much done in 2 w eeks, this one going on the 3rd week, is still peeling and still cant bend elbow. 

20180409_191716.jpg

• 1 year later...

I had my ditch tattooed going on 4 days ago and I am MISERABLE. Trying not to move it and could use any tips to sleep better. Going to start only lubraderm tomorrow. Felt like today was too early. I have ALOT of tattoos and my other ditch is done but not solid. I’m just wondering how long I have to be this miserable. I was NOT expecting it and have a back and ankle injury. Sleeping is not happening. Haha. The things we put ourselves through!!