Hello all!

Meeshka

This is my first time posting, but I have enjoyed reading all the great advice and info for a couple months now.  What an awesome group of people here!

I got my first tattoo in 1993. Tiger flash from the wall. I still loved it through the years, but it was definitely faded and too small for my now bigger body. I procrastinated redoing it because now I'm in my 40s and I was afraid I no longer had a pain tolerance. A couple of my nieces, who each have several tattoos, told me "just do it". So I did, and now I have a beautiful, bigger tiger with cherry blossoms. I found out that my pain tolerance hasn't changed. Yay me!

I went from 4" by 1.5" to 10" by 6".  I  soon realized that I couldn't let my bigger tattoo get lonely, so a few months later I got a bouquet of poppies, lavender and cornflowers on my inner forearm by a different artist.

Now I'm already daydreaming about what to put on my upper back. I have lots of empty space!

Thank you! :)

Here's a pic of my other one. I went in for a touch up on the red about 4 weeks ago. It has tiny little bumps in it now. Could be a reaction to the red ink, or it's still healing. It's not serious, so I'm giving more time before checking with my artist. Just mentioning it now because it looks like white specks in this picture.

20180410_204250.jpg

7 hours ago, oboogie said:

Welcome!

Are you a fan of the watercolor-ish style? No outline = eventually blob. But maybe you're OK with that. :-)

Did you see my original tiger up above? The one that had black outlines aaaaaaand....turned into a blob?  ;)  Sorry for the sarcasm, nothing personal, it's just my sense of humor.

All tattoos fade, I wish it wasn't so, but that's why you find an artist that you enjoy spending time with and want to support so you can go back for touch ups and reworks in the future. 

So for me, I hope I live long enough to see my colors fade and that I have so few worries in life that I actually care.