Help!!!

NearFantastica

I’m super scared that I fucked up my half sleeve. It’s day 4 and everything was going well. I went out shopping and was having really bad pain in my arm. I bruised really badly so figured it was something to do with all the bruising. I came home and checked my tattoo and my bra strap had fallen down and had rubbed against my tattoo until the skin was all peeling off. When I’d washed and lotioned the tattoo prior to going out there was no sign of any peeling. Could I have done lasting damage?? The pain was incredibly bad and it was really gouged.

d730d608b3becf3a3d7dbce1607bcc63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the hair? It looks like normal peeling to me. Try not to pull those larger parts off. You could take ink out with them.

Thanks for the response!
Yeah it’s mostly the hair. It wasn’t peeling before I went out and then my bra strap rubbed against it and caused the peeling. The fact that it was rubbing that started the peeling won’t make a difference??

I don't think the rubbing caused the peeling, it's probably a coincidence. I usually start peeling around day 4. It might have hurt because you were pulling on the scabs, and also the skin underneath is usually extra sensitive as it's peeling. Worst case scenario, you need a touch up, but you're probably fine. Let it finish healing and look for damage after a couple months or so. 

I don't think the rubbing caused the peeling, it's probably a coincidence. I usually start peeling around day 4. It might have hurt because you were pulling on the scabs, and also the skin underneath is usually extra sensitive as it's peeling. Worst case scenario, you need a touch up, but you're probably fine. Let it finish healing and look for damage after a couple months or so. 

Thank you so much! I haven’t gotten a tattoo and years and never anything this big so I’m a little nervous about doing everything right

The ink goes UNDER the skin. Four days in, you're not going to screw it up by clothing rubbing on it. 

It was so painful and it rubbed all the skin off so within an hour it went from no peeling to that. I haven’t ever had anything like that happen with a tattoo so my first reaction was utter panic!