Hello

ashes90

Hello!  I currently have 3 tattoos and tomorrow I'm supposed to be adding on to one of them.  Originally my appointment was a few weeks ago but I had to reschedule because I was very, very sick!

Now, I'm sick again!  It's not as bad this time though....no fever/chills/aches.  Just congestion and a slightly sore throat (that is better now after some hot water/honey/lemon).  Soooo, should I reschedule again?  :(  Or should I be ok?  Tomorrow will be day 4 of this new cold and I feel sooo much better today than I did yesterday.  I did take some NyQuil and DayQuil - will that affect anything if I feel 100% tomorrow and go for the tattoo?

Thanks!

If there's no fever and just congestion, I'd say you'd like do fine but you know you're body best in terms of recovery.  Time under the needle would play a role in the decision for me.  If you're expecting to do a shorter session then it's probably a non issue. If you're planning a 6-7 hour session those can be rough and take a toll on the body.

You should also think about your artist....if you're that sick and contagious he/she I'm sure would prefer that your reschedule.

Best of luck!

I once had a 3 hour session with e coli--didn't know I had it of course, and would definitely not have gone through with it if I'd known.

I'd say email your artist, explaining and being super apologetic.

If you feel better, go for it. Your body will recover.

42 minutes ago, rob323 said:

If there's no fever and just congestion, I'd say you'd like do fine but you know you're body best in terms of recovery.  Time under the needle would play a role in the decision for me.  If you're expecting to do a shorter session then it's probably a non issue. If you're planning a 6-7 hour session those can be rough and take a toll on the body.

You should also think about your artist....if you're that sick and contagious he/she I'm sure would prefer that your reschedule.

Best of luck!

He' guessed it would probably take 5-6 hours but also mentioned we could do shorter if I needed to so I don't think he'd be upset if I wanted to stop early.  And I'm definitely considering him as well, I don't want to possibly infect anyone which is why I cancelled last time when I was sick with a fever/chills/etc.  But since it's basically just annoying congestion this time I figured I'd get others opinions!  I think if I don't feel better in the morning I call him and see what he prefers.  :)