Recommended Posts

Hello!  I currently have 3 tattoos and tomorrow I'm supposed to be adding on to one of them.  Originally my appointment was a few weeks ago but I had to reschedule because I was very, very sick!

 

Now, I'm sick again!  It's not as bad this time though....no fever/chills/aches.  Just congestion and a slightly sore throat (that is better now after some hot water/honey/lemon).  Soooo, should I reschedule again?  :(  Or should I be ok?  Tomorrow will be day 4 of this new cold and I feel sooo much better today than I did yesterday.  I did take some NyQuil and DayQuil - will that affect anything if I feel 100% tomorrow and go for the tattoo?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there's no fever and just congestion, I'd say you'd like do fine but you know you're body best in terms of recovery.  Time under the needle would play a role in the decision for me.  If you're expecting to do a shorter session then it's probably a non issue. If you're planning a 6-7 hour session those can be rough and take a toll on the body.

You should also think about your artist....if you're that sick and contagious he/she I'm sure would prefer that your reschedule.

Best of luck!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I once had a 3 hour session with e coli--didn't know I had it of course, and would definitely not have gone through with it if I'd known.

I'd say email your artist, explaining and being super apologetic.

If you feel better, go for it. Your body will recover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, rob323 said:

If there's no fever and just congestion, I'd say you'd like do fine but you know you're body best in terms of recovery.  Time under the needle would play a role in the decision for me.  If you're expecting to do a shorter session then it's probably a non issue. If you're planning a 6-7 hour session those can be rough and take a toll on the body.

You should also think about your artist....if you're that sick and contagious he/she I'm sure would prefer that your reschedule.

Best of luck!

 

He' guessed it would probably take 5-6 hours but also mentioned we could do shorter if I needed to so I don't think he'd be upset if I wanted to stop early.  And I'm definitely considering him as well, I don't want to possibly infect anyone which is why I cancelled last time when I was sick with a fever/chills/etc.  But since it's basically just annoying congestion this time I figured I'd get others opinions!  I think if I don't feel better in the morning I call him and see what he prefers.  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been sick with a nasty head cold during a four hour rib session. It was zero fun but I had traveled for the tattoo and wasn't going to reschedule. I tried to keep my cooties to myself! Being sick sucked all the joy out that session but I healed great. :)  Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now