Liam

Looking for advice!

So I get my first tattoo in a few weeks and I'm super excited but also very nervous at the same time. 3 weeks after my tattoo I go on holiday for 2 weeks which I know is not ideal but I'm already aware of things I need to do to protect my tattoo at such an early stage. Before I go on holiday I've always rented a sunbed to get my tan off to a very small start before I actually go away. So my question is this, is it alright to use a sunbed for 5 mins per day for about 10 days before I get my tattoo which is on my arm by the way, or should I stay completely clear? Thanks in advance :) 

Edited by Liam
Spelling

no problem with un-burnt but tanned skin while getting your tattoo. the important part is making sure the sun (and chlorine pool or other untreated water) stay off of it for at least that 1st couple of weeks after getting the tattoo. 

Thanks for the advice! I intend to take more than enough precautions when on holiday, I will more than likely keep it covered and will try keep out of the pool at all costs. With it being my first tattoo I was just looking for some pointers, any more helpful info about the sunbed or helpful info in general would be more than welcomed! Thanks!

The tattoo will still be ultra fresh...so do not put any sun screen on it, it might irritate and infect. Just wrap a bandana over the tattoo to keep it protected from the sun if you're sun worshipping on holidays or in a tanning bed beforehand or whatever. Stay away from the chlorinated pools and hot tubs. Salt water ocean is actually great for healing but also depends on how clean the water/area you're staying in and how far along you are with the healing the tattoo.