Artist

Immaculate Concept is Steve Peace's shop in Calgary, AB. Steve puts on the Calgary and Edmonton tattoo conventions. He's a really experienced tattooist and been around the block, well-rounded, very nice guy. I think Immaculate is one of the bigger shops in Calgary. The Munk artist you've linked though is definately not my style of tattoo, so I don't have comments.

I don't know much about Calgary's tattoo scene...I'm from Edmonton, so anything Calgary related I am obligated to yell "Flames Suck" and take a cheap shot at their city lol (jokes, Calgary's a nice place). Lots of world-class tattoo makers in Alberta though, these would be my first choices if I were going for a full meal deal leg piece:

Calgary - Scott Veldhoen, Rick Wilson

Red Deer - Lucas Ford & Classic Tattoo

Canmore - OllieXXX

Edmonton - Champion (Shawn Hedley, Rich), Lucky Strike (Scott, Brent), Doing (Seve), Showdown.

do your research, talk to local people with tattoos that pop about where they got em, go check out the shops in person. Everyone is pretty friendly in this area. Good luck. PM me if you need more specific recommendations for Edmonton

I'm not sure where you are located @NearFantastica but you consider logistics for a multiple sitting tattoo ie full leg -- a fully wrapped leg can be bigger than a backpiece. Nothing wrong with travelling for a tattoo to get that piece you want, lots of people do it and that's awesome. Little easier on the life style though to get tattooed in your own backyard, especially in this part of Canada where there are some real top dawgs around that are very experienced and accessible. Food for thought.

Immaculate Concept is Steve Peace's shop in Calgary, AB. Steve puts on the Calgary and Edmonton tattoo conventions. He's a really experienced tattooist and been around the block, well-rounded, very nice guy. I think Immaculate is one of the bigger shops in Calgary. The Munk artist you've linked though is definately not my style of tattoo, so I don't have comments.
I don't know much about Calgary's tattoo scene...I'm from Edmonton, so anything Calgary related I am obligated to yell "Flames Suck" and take a cheap shot at their city lol (jokes, Calgary's a nice place). Lots of world-class tattoo makers in Alberta though, these would be my first choices if I were going for a full meal deal leg piece:
Calgary - Scott Veldhoen, Rick Wilson
Red Deer - Lucas Ford & Classic Tattoo
Canmore - OllieXXX
Edmonton - Champion (Shawn Hedley, Rich), Lucky Strike (Scott, Brent), Doing (Seve), Showdown.
do your research, talk to local people with tattoos that pop about where they got em, go check out the shops in person. Everyone is pretty friendly in this area. Good luck. PM me if you need more specific recommendations for Edmonton

Thanks for the info!
Munkaspeni actually works out of Immaculate. My current artist that is working on my half sleeve used to work there as well.
I haven’t heard of those artists but will definitely look them up. I can’t travel at the moment as I have a 6 month old baby at home, it’s hard enough getting away for 2 hour sessions in town at the moment!

I haven’t attended a convention here yet but I think I’m going to go this year and get a feel for what’s out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk